Is the rainy weather getting you down? Are the kids getting bored? Here is just a small sample of the fun rainy day activities for kids ideas that you’ll find on Moms & Munchkins. You may also want to check out our free printable games page for a summary of all the fun games we have that would be perfect for a rainy day. We have scavenger hunt ideas, charades, word search, word scramble, trivia and more! Of course, all of these ideas are perfect for a snow day indoors as well.
Rainy Day Activities for Kids:
- Create a fun obstacle course in the house with these fun obstacle course games
- Have fun creating your own carnival games
- Host your own dance party with these fun ideas
- Try these fun & safe science experiments
- Play a fun game of Name That Tune with these fun ideas
- Create your own memory game easily with this fun idea
- Create your own pet rock
- Create your own unique pipe cleaner creatures
- Make paper bag puppets and have a puppet show
- Get a big roll of paper and try these fun drawing activities
- Invite a few friends to a local pool and host a small kids pool party
- Host an indoor Teddy Bear Picnic
- Have a silly photo shoot using costumes & props from around the house
- Plan a fun movie night at home with these free printable movie concession stand ideas
You could even put on some rain gear, grab an umbrella and go outside for a few minutes to play in the puddles! You could warm up inside with a cup of hot chocolate.
Don’t forget to check out the Family Fun category on Moms & Munchkins for even more fun ideas to enjoy as a family. What is your favorite indoor activity on a rainy day? Have Fun!