This post is courtesy of our contributor Melissa…Searching for a recipe for your summer potluck party? This Strawberry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is sure to be popular with all the guests. Using a cake mix helps to make this a quick & easy recipe while the pureed strawberries give it an unbelievable flavor.
We’ve included two printable recipes here – one for the cream cheese frosting and one for the strawberry cake.
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe:
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 pound (4 cups) confectioners' sugar, sifted
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Beat butter and cream cheese with a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low then add vanilla and sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Mix until smooth.
Strawberry Cake Recipe:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) white cake mix
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 packages (16 ounces) thawed frozen sweetened strawberries , pureed
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray 9 in. round pans with baking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, egg whites and oil with electric mixer.
- Beat until combined.
- Once combined reduce mixer speed to low and add pureed strawberries.
- Continue mixing until well blended.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Refrigerate after frosting.
Looking for more summer sweets perfect for celebrations? Check these out:
- Watermelon Cake Pops
- Fruit & Brownie Kabobs
- Saskatoon Berry Pie
- Pink Lemonade Cookies, Cupcakes and Pie
- Lemon Cake with Strawberry Buttercream
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Cake Pops
- Peach Cobbler
Thank you to Melissa of Sweet & Tasty Pastry for sharing this tutorial with us. Be sure to follow Melissa on Facebook for more delicious ideas. If you try this recipe, head over to her Facebook page to let her know what you thought of it. If you’re looking for a baker in Providence, Rhode Island, be sure to give her a call to discuss creative ideas.
For more delicious ideas, visit our special Easy Party Food & Family Recipes page. We’re always adding new ideas! Never miss a delicious update by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + and Bloglovin’.