Today we took our little guy for his first trip out to the campground. My parents spend most of their weekends at the campground but we haven’t been out there for a couple of years. My little guy loves the outdoors (gets that from his dad!) so we packed up for a fun afternoon outside. I wanted to find some easy camping recipes that I could make out there so I headed over to the General Mills Life Made Delicious site to do some searching. I settled on three recipes: Taco Beef Burgers, Grilled Picnic Taco Nachos and Brownie & Fruit Kabobs. Sounds delicious, right?! I’ll share all of these recipes here with you.
Before I get into the recipes, did you know that we have a free printable Camping Scavenger Hunt game? It’s a lot of fun for the kids and a great way to get the parents out for a walk to explore the area. My little guy is a bit too young for scavenger hunt games but we did take him for a few walks around the area today. He looks so cute running down the paths and waving at all his new friends.
Be sure to also check out our special Camping Party section for more ideas for recipes, camping activities and more!
Easy Camping Recipes – Taco Beef Burgers:
These delicious burgers have just enough spice to wake up your taste buds but not so much spice that you think you’ll breathe fire. They are delicious topped with a cheese slice and a bit of chipotle mayo.
- 1.5 lb lean ground beef
- 1 package Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
- ⅓ cup Old El Paso Medium Thick N’ Chunky Salsa
- ¼ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 6 slices cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- Combine beef, seasoning mix, salsa, breadcrumbs and egg. Form into 6 patties.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Grill burgers 6 to 7 minutes, flip and cook another 6 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Top with cheese during last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking. Serve on buns.
Grilled Picnic Taco Nachos:
I love nachos but had never thought of cooking them on the barbeque before. These Grilled Picnic Taco Nachos (recipe found through this link) are really easy to prepare and take only minutes to cook. It’s a great snack to make when you have unexpected visitors pop by your campsite.
Brownie & Fruit Kabobs:
This recipe calls for bananas, strawberries and pineapple but you can substitute with almost any fruit you have on hand. After all, anything tastes good when mixed with brownies, right?
- 1 pkg Betty Crocker Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg as called for on brownie box
- 4 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 5 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 10 large bananas, sliced about 1 inch thick
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 20 (10-inch) bamboo skewers
- Make brownies as directed on package and let cool completely.
- Cut brownies into 1¼-inch squares.
- Line cookie sheets with waxed paper.
- Alternately, thread brownie squares, pineapple chunks, strawberries and banana slices on each skewer.
- Place kabobs on waxed paper.
- In small microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butter uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once until chocolate is melted.
- Drizzle over kabobs.
Do you have any favourite easy camping recipes? Let us know in the comments below.
For recipes that may not be as easy but are certainly delicious, don’t miss this collection of Stuffed Burger Recipes.
Never miss a delicious update by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin’.
Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious. Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
11 thoughts on “Campground Fun & Food”
Thanks for sharing these kabobs. We are having a family camp this summer and these would be perfect! Just stopping by from Tasty Tuesdays!
I made those brownies last year, they are so good!! Great camping ideas! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.
Such timely family holiday flair. Thanks for sharing.
yum! Those all look so tasty and pretty easy too. We like to cook fun food when we camp, not just hot dogs :o) Just wanted to let you know this will be featured at my weekend roundup.. Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays at Nap-Time Creations. The post will go up Friday night, but I’m going to be out of town, so I’m doing my commenting now :o) I’d love for you to add the featured button to this post, or pin, share, tweet about the feature… thanks! Happy Weekend! Emily
This is great! Thank you, Emily!
These all look so good. Thanks for linking up to Wonderful Food Wednesday. I’m going to link to your grilled nachos recipe in one of the upcoming weeks of 52 Weeks of No-Repeat Meal Plans. 😉
All She Cooks
That’s great – thank you!
It ALMOST makes me want to go camping. 😀 JK Seriously, though, these all look fun, easy and tasty. Thanks for sharing on BeColorful
yum yum these sound great – love the brownie and fruit kabobs x
These are awesome recipes. My son loves tacos and so these would be great. We usually make taco in a bag but this will be a great change. We camp every weekend because we are involved in a large Drama Production away from our town, that involves us every weekend. So I love trying something different.
I found that the Costco sells an incredible brownie mix. The Ghiradelli triple Chocolate Brownie and so I make those up and use fun cookie cutters to make great shapes with the brownies (once cooled). Looks fun on the skewers too.
I’ll have to look for that mix at Costco – thanks!