Saskatoon Berry Pie is a favorite around our house. I remember visiting my grandparent’s farm as a child and my grandma would always have fresh homemade pie for dessert. I made some pie this morning and I’m not too sure if we’ll have some left for supper tonight. What can I say…I love pie!
Saskatoon Berry Pie Recipe:
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- Pie Filling:
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups washed Saskatoon berries
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cold unsalted butter
- Combine the pie filling ingredients and stir until the berries are well coated.
- Spread evenly in each of the pie crusts.
- Combine the topping flour and sugar and then cut in the butter until it is a crumbled mixture.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over each pie.
- Bake at 400 for 45-50 minutes.
- *Tip - cover the edges of the pie crust with aluminum foil until the last 15 minutes of baking so that you don't burn the edges.
This pie can be served cold or warm depending on your preference. My grandma used to serve her pies warm with a scoop of ice cream melting on the top.
For even more delicious ideas, check out our Recipes page conveniently sorted into categories.
Never miss a delicious update by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin’.
Now I have one last question for you…do you take your pie with or without ice cream? Without for me! I love ice cream and I love pie but I don’t love them on the same plate.
6 thoughts on “Easy Saskatoon Berry Pie”
Oh this looks so yummy!!! I just have to ask as an ignorant Easterner…..what are Saskatoon Berries? Something you can only get there? I’ve never heard of them but I’m a huge berry lover so I’m intrigued 🙂
Excellent question! They are similar to blueberries but smaller and a bit more tart. Very delicious!
They sound delicious, Cheryl…I hope I get to try them one day! Thanks for letting me know 🙂
Yum thank you! One tip I was always told was to add just a bit of almond flavouring whenever cooking with Saskatoons. It works!
Excellent recipe. Making it again today!
So glad that you enjoy it!