I’m excited to share my latest party article in Pink Magazine with you – Slumber Party Cupcakes! I’ll let you in on a little secret – this recipe started off as Funfetti Pancakes but I kept burning them so I gave up and thought of a new idea. Same batter but a completely different result and they are delicious! It’s a cupcake that tastes like a pancake then topped with a yummy whipped frosting. Slumber parties are known for lots of sugar, right? Yes! So don’t feel guilty if you serve these delicious cupcakes for breakfast! These would be great for a midnight snack, dessert or breakfast. Sprinkles belong to one of the food groups, right? I’ll look it up on Google later.
Slumber Party Cupcakes:
*drooling* Just look at all those delicious sprinkles! These cupcakes are so yummy and the bright colors make them perfect for a party.
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ½ cup French Vanilla (or white) cake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- Whipped Frosting:
- 1.5 cups heavy cream (35%)
- 1.5 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1.5 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and cake mix. Stir to combine.
- Add vanilla, butter and egg then whisk well to mix.
- Add milk gradually and whisk just until combined (no more lumps in batter).
- Stir in sprinkles.
- Pour into greased muffin tins (makes 12 cupcakes).
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before adding frosting.
- Whipped Frosting:
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and beat on medium speed until soft peaks form.
Planning a slumber party? Check out our Slumber Party posts including printables, recipes, slumber party activity ideas and more!
Other recipes I’d recommend for a slumber party are…
Marshmallow Cookie Cake – a delicious alternative to a traditional birthday cake.
Popcorn Cake – a sweet treat idea for a slumber party movie marathon.
Birthday Party Popcorn – another delicious treat idea for a movie marathon.
Rice Krispies Dessert Pizza – a fun party dessert idea loaded with your favorite candies.
Strawberries & Cream Pancakes – the ultimate breakfast treat recipe!
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes with Caramel Syrup – a delicious breakfast or dessert treat idea.
Homemade Waffles – your guests are sure to love a waffle bar with homemade waffles plus a variety of fruits, syrups and whipped cream.