The 4th of July is a popular weekend for family BBQ parties. The kids are off school, summer has officially started and it’s a great time to celebrate your family and the country you are proud to call home. In this post I’ll share some July 4th Party Ideas for invitations, food, favors and more. All of the printable party supplies featured here are by Amanda’s Parties TO GO and they are available in her shop for purchase plus she has a collection of free printable July 4th party supplies in her freebie section.
July 4th Party Ideas – Invitations:
The party set includes a blank invitation that you can write your party information on. When selecting a time for your party, you may want to choose a time that doesn’t interfere with the evening fireworks display in your city. Be sure to note in the invitation that you will be providing a delicious BBQ feast so that guests know to bring their appetite.
July 4th Party Ideas – Decorations:
The printable party set includes many items to help decorate your party area. The banner is a great addition above your food table area. In the first photo above, I used inexpensive plastic tablecloths (red, white and blue) as the backdrop for the table.
A simple white tablecloth can be dressed up with red & blue placemats and showered with red, white and blue star-shaped confetti.
Blue napkins and red utensils can be wrapped in a July 4th paper napkin ring. The printable party set also comes with cupcake toppers, cupcake wrappers, popcorn cones and more! There are many ways to decorate your buffet table and tie the theme together.
Decorative food tents can be used to display the food options. If you have special dietary options (gluten-free, nut free, etc.), you can note this on the food tents.
Bottle labels can be used on blue & red pop and water bottles. For drinks that will be sitting in a tub of ice, you’ll want to print the drink labels on special waterproof paper.
July 4th Party Ideas – Food:
Everyone loves BBQ food so it’s easy to plan a delicious menu for your guests. Options can include:
- BBQ Beef, Pork or Chicken (here is a recipe for Pulled Pork)
- A variety of salads (here is a recipe for a delicious Japanese Salad, a Greek Pasta Salad and a Loaded Potato Salad)
- BBQ ribs (here is an easy BBQ Ribs recipe that you can make in a slow cooker)
- Snack foods like chips, trail mix and bite-sized appetizers
- Mocktails (like these fresh strawberry daiquiri mocktails)
July 4th Party Ideas – Dessert:
My favorite part of any party is the dessert table! A few delicious ideas include:
- Mini pies or tarts (like these mini apple pies)
- Cupcakes (here’s my favorite icing – Cookies & Cream Buttercream)
- Mini brownies (or these easy to make Brownie & Fruit Kabobs)
- Cookies with red, white & blue star-shaped sprinkles
- Square or bars (my favorite – Double Chocolate Rocky Road Cookie Bars)
- Ice cream buffet or homemade yogurt & juice pops
July 4th Party Ideas – Favors:
To thank guests for coming, some creative favor ideas include:
- glow sticks
- confetti poppers
- mini flags
- homemade cookies
Have you ever hosted a 4th of July party?
Printable Party Supplies – Amanda’s Parties TO GO
If you enjoyed these Free 4th Of July Party Printables, then take a few seconds and pin it to your favorite Pinterest board or share it with friends on social media. If you decide to use some of these Free 4th Of July Party Printables, take a picture afterward and tag us on social media as we love seeing when others use the printables.
*Disclosure: Amanda’s Parties TO GO provided the party printable set for Moms & Munchkins use.