Have you ever started talking to someone and within seconds you realize where they’re from? I was recently at a conference and I stopped to chat with a brand representative. Within the first 10 seconds of speaking, he stopped me to ask “You’re Canadian?” I asked how he knew so quickly and he said it was because of the way I pronounced the word “about”. I didn’t realize I had a bit of an accent but this American picked up on it right away! For all our Canadian pals, here are some fun ideas for a Canada Day celebration. In this post you’ll find free Canada Day printables along with recipe ideas that contain two of Canadian’s favourite things – maple and bacon!
Canada Day Printables:
Let’s start with some cute/funny treat ideas for your Canada Day Party:
You’ll find the FREE Canada Day Printables here.
Maple & Bacon Recipes:
To be a true Canadian, you have to love maple and bacon. Okay, maybe you don’t have to…but it helps.
Here are some recipes containing one (or both) of these ingredients:
- Maple Glazed Bacon by The Rebel Chick
- Candied Bacon & Chocolate Bacon – The Frugal Mom
- Asparagus & Bacon Quiche by Confessions of an Overworked Mom (Picture # 1 above)
- Breakfast Bread Pudding with Praline Topping by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Southern-Style Green Beans by Simply Stacie (Picture # 2 above)
- Bacon & Gouda Frittata by Simply Stacie
- Broccoli & Bacon Salad by East 9th Street (Picture # 3 above)
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting by Simmworks Family Blog
- Spinach & Bacon Mac and Cheese by Simmworks Family Blog (Picture # 4 above)
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Rolls by Simmworks Family Blog
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Kabobs by My Wee View (Picture # 5 above)
- Bacon Wrapped Irish Shillelagh Sticks by Virtually Yours
- Prosciutto Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers by Sober Julie
- Bacon Wrapped Roasted Red Pepper Stuffed Chicken by Sober Julie (Picture # 6 above)
- Maple Walnut No-Bake Cookies by This Flourishing Life
- Loaded Baked Avocado by This Flourishing Life
- Sweet & Easy Canada Day Dessert by Echoes of Laughter (Picture # 7 above)
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken by My Organized Chaos
- Bacon Pot Pie by Tammilee Tips
- Maple Butter Tarts by Little Miss Kate & Co. (Picture # 8 above)
Quinoa Granola with Olive Oil + Maple Syrup by Thrifty Jinxy
For more Canada Day celebration ideas, visit our special Canada Day category. We have more free printables, party recipes and more!