Have you ever started talking to someone and within seconds you realize where they’re from? I was recently at a conference and I stopped to chat with a brand representative. Within the first 10 seconds of speaking, he stopped me to ask “You’re Canadian?” I asked how he knew so quickly and he said it was because of the way I pronounced the word “about”. I didn’t realize I had a bit of an accent but this American picked up on it right away! For all our Canadian pals, here are some fun ideas for a Canada Day celebration. In this post you’ll find free Canada Day printables along with recipe ideas that contain two of Canadian’s favourite things – maple and bacon!
Canada Day Printables:
Let’s start with some cute/funny treat ideas for your Canada Day Party:
You’ll find the FREE Canada Day Printables here.
Maple & Bacon Recipes:
To be a true Canadian, you have to love maple and bacon. Okay, maybe you don’t have to…but it helps.
Here are some recipes containing one (or both) of these ingredients:
- Maple Glazed Bacon by The Rebel Chick
- Candied Bacon & Chocolate Bacon – The Frugal Mom
- Asparagus & Bacon Quiche by Confessions of an Overworked Mom (Picture # 1 above)
- Breakfast Bread Pudding with Praline Topping by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Southern-Style Green Beans by Simply Stacie (Picture # 2 above)
- Bacon & Gouda Frittata by Simply Stacie
- Broccoli & Bacon Salad by East 9th Street (Picture # 3 above)
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting by Simmworks Family Blog
- Spinach & Bacon Mac and Cheese by Simmworks Family Blog (Picture # 4 above)
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Rolls by Simmworks Family Blog
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Kabobs by My Wee View (Picture # 5 above)
- Bacon Wrapped Irish Shillelagh Sticks by Virtually Yours
- Prosciutto Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers by Sober Julie
- Bacon Wrapped Roasted Red Pepper Stuffed Chicken by Sober Julie (Picture # 6 above)
- Maple Walnut No-Bake Cookies by This Flourishing Life
- Loaded Baked Avocado by This Flourishing Life
- Sweet & Easy Canada Day Dessert by Echoes of Laughter (Picture # 7 above)
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken by My Organized Chaos
- Bacon Pot Pie by Tammilee Tips
- Maple Butter Tarts by Little Miss Kate & Co. (Picture # 8 above)
Quinoa Granola with Olive Oil + Maple Syrup by Thrifty Jinxy
For more Canada Day celebration ideas, visit our special Canada Day category. We have more free printables, party recipes and more!
For more ideas for holiday fun, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
23 thoughts on “Canada Day Printables & Recipes”
I don’t live in Canada, but these all sound great to me! Thanks for sharing mine!
Canada is my BIRTHDAY! I get to celebrate with an entire country…lol! Thanks so much for featuring my recipe!
oops, forgot to add the *DAY*! 😉
Thanks for sharing my posts! Off to check out the others!
What a lovely collection of printables!
Thank you so much for sharing my dessert recipe Cheryl and I love the printables! So cute! Angie xo
Those are some really fun printables!! Oh and yummmmmm to the recipes!
Love the printables and your website! . I have some Free Canada Day printables up over at my Party Printables website too. Thanks for posting those recipes, I’ve been itching to try making a butter tart so that Maple Butter Tart might just be the recipe I am looking for.
I know – those Maple Butter Tarts look so delicious, don’t they?!
Thanks for the ideas and for the recipes, I loooveeee bacon – Happy Canada Day!!
Yes, my hubby loves bacon too!
those are fabulous! love the printables! Be sure to link them up on the Canada round up Pinterest linky for TGCBB (second linky on the pinterest page)
great ideas – thanks so much for sharing them. The cupcake idea is so simple, but kids would LOVE it
Yes, now that I have a little one to chase after, the easy desserts are my favourites to make!
I’ve been told the same thing by my American friends about an accent LOL!
Love the printables and the recipes (and thanks for featuring mine too!)
Ha! That’s so funny! I’ve never thought of myself to have an accent.
Just pinned your page! You are so creative. Thanks for sharing all the free printables:)
Oh Cheryl, these recipes look delightful! So many great ones I want NOW. I also love the printables! Thanks for participating in The Great Canadian Blog Bash and we are very happy to have you!
ERRR you have me craving the breakfast bread pudding with pralines!! MUST GO MAKE ONE NOW!!!
Thanks for the free printables and the links to all the yummy looking food! I love bacon, there’s no question about that. 🙂 Stopping by from #TGCBB.
Now those look like some tasty recipes!
Thanks for taking part in #TGCBB
This is wonderful, we are having a Canada Day Celebration and these will be great.
Thank you, Debbie! I hope you have a fabulous party.