These chocolate marshmallow recipes are perfect for a family treat or as delicious additions to a bake sale or potluck dinner. Both of these recipes are easy to make and use prepared cookie mixes as bases. The Marshmallow Cookie Cake makes a great birthday party dessert that both kids and adults love!
Double Chocolate Rocky Road Cookie Bars:
These Double Chocolate Rocky Road Cookie Bars almost taste like nanaimo bars but not as sweet. Don’t get me wrong – these are still plenty sweet – but not like the classic Canadian dessert nanaimo bars. I could eat an entire pan of these! In the recipe I made, I left out the pecans because of a nut allergy in the family.
- Cookie Base:
- 1 pouch (496 g) Betty Crocker Double Chocolate Chunk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 egg
- 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ⅓ cup milk
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Spray bottom & sides of 9x13 baking pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cookie base ingredients until well mixed.
- Press dough in bottom of pan and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, ¼ cup butter, the flour, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Spread over cookie dough base and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake 26 to 28 minutes or until filling is set.
- Sprinkle evenly with marshmallows and bake 2 minutes longer.
- In a small saucepan, melt ½ cup butter over medium heat.
- Stir in coca and milk.
- Heat until boiling while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- With wire whisk, stir in icing sugar until well blended.
- Stir in vanilla and 1 cup pecans and immediately pour over marshmallows, spreading gently to cover.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
- Cut into bars and store covered in the refrigerator.
Another delicious marshmallow & chocolate recipe is this Marshmallow Cookie Cake! Simply click on the picture below to open up the recipe.
For more delicious recipes, be sure to visit our Recipe page.
Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.