These chocolate marshmallow recipes are perfect for a family treat or as delicious additions to a bake sale or potluck dinner. Both of these recipes are easy to make and use prepared cookie mixes as bases. The Marshmallow Cookie Cake makes a great birthday party dessert that both kids and adults love!
Double Chocolate Rocky Road Cookie Bars:
These Double Chocolate Rocky Road Cookie Bars almost taste like nanaimo bars but not as sweet. Don’t get me wrong – these are still plenty sweet – but not like the classic Canadian dessert nanaimo bars. I could eat an entire pan of these! In the recipe I made, I left out the pecans because of a nut allergy in the family.
- Cookie Base:
- 1 pouch (496 g) Betty Crocker Double Chocolate Chunk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 egg
- 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ⅓ cup milk
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Spray bottom & sides of 9x13 baking pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cookie base ingredients until well mixed.
- Press dough in bottom of pan and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, ¼ cup butter, the flour, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Spread over cookie dough base and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake 26 to 28 minutes or until filling is set.
- Sprinkle evenly with marshmallows and bake 2 minutes longer.
- In a small saucepan, melt ½ cup butter over medium heat.
- Stir in coca and milk.
- Heat until boiling while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- With wire whisk, stir in icing sugar until well blended.
- Stir in vanilla and 1 cup pecans and immediately pour over marshmallows, spreading gently to cover.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
- Cut into bars and store covered in the refrigerator.
Another delicious marshmallow & chocolate recipe is this Marshmallow Cookie Cake! Simply click on the picture below to open up the recipe.
For more delicious recipes, be sure to visit our Recipe page.
Never miss a delicious update by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
4 thoughts on “Double Chocolate Rocky Road Cookie Bars”
This recipe looks great, I know my girls will love these, thank you:)
Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
What a yummy treat, Cheryl. Thanks for linking up to last weeks party. Can’t wait to see what you link up this week!!