International Day of Families is held annually on May 15th around the world. This is a day to bring awareness to issues relating to families (visit the United Nations site for more information on the origin and goals of this day). The theme for 2012 is “Ensuring Work Family Balance”. Most families struggle with the right balance between work & family. Do you struggle to find the right balance? It’s important to always remember to take time for yourself & to enjoy quality time with your family.
International Day of Families – Activity Ideas:
Here are a few family fun ideas that may inspire you for your own family date afternoon or night:
- Pack up some outdoor toys and spend the afternoon playing in the park & having a picnic (here are a few fun park ideas)
- Make a trip to your local zoo and try this free printable zoo scavenger hunt
- Go for a family bike ride
- Host a movie date night at home and create a large concession stand withyour family’s favorite treats (free printable kids movie trivia)
- Play a game of charades (free printable of silly charades ideas)
- Go for a family hike and bring along binoculars for birdwatching
- Leave the busy city life and head out camping for the weekend. Here is a free printable camping scavenger hunt to play.
- Go for a walk and play I Spy
- Make an ice cream pie together and enjoy a slide out on the patio
- Go to a local art studio and paint pottery
- Go to the library and select one book for each night for the next week and then read one book a day before bed
- Put on some music and have a silly dance party
How do you ensure a good work family balance?