Fall is such a beautiful time of year as the leaves start to change colours. Now that the weather is starting to get a bit cooler, what sort of fall activity ideas do you have planned? Here are a few ideas to keep you entertained this fall.
Fall Activity Ideas:
- Check your local area for a company that does hay rides. A ranch in the area may know who to direct you to.
- Visit a hay maze.
- Go to a pumpkin patch and pick out a special pumpkin for Halloween.
- Carve a Halloween pumpkin.
- Bake treats for Thanksgiving or start stocking your freezer with holiday treats.
- Pick apples and bake apple pie.
- Take photos playing in the leaves in your yard or at your local park.
- Bring home some leaves for an easy craft. Simply put a piece of white paper over the leaf and then colour the paper over the leaf…the impression of the leaf will come through the paper to make a beautiful little piece of art.
- Have your children use their creativity to make a centerpiece for your Thanksgiving dinner table.
- Make your own Halloween decorations like tissue ghosts or orange garbage bags filled with leaves and draw pumpkin faces on them.
- Play some fun Thanksgiving printable games – click here for some free printables.
- Play some fun Halloween printable games – click here for some free printables.
- Set up a Halloween haunted house for friends and family – click here for some fun ideas.
- Play some fun indoor scavenger hunt games – click here for some fun ideas.
- Start (or finish) making your holiday wish list and shopping list.
- Decorate your own Halloween treat jar with painting markers and stickers.
- Go through your summer clothes and pack away items that you’ve outgrown.
- Take family photos for your holiday cards.
- Have your children draw special pictures to go along with the holiday cards.
What are your favorite fall activity ideas?
For even more family fun ideas, follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin’.
8 thoughts on “Fall Activity Ideas”
Love it! What great ideas! Thanks so much for sharing! Every Fall, we take photos for our Holiday cards. I love Fall! Def my fav season 🙂
Love these ideas, we also build forts with leaves, family picnics….so many ways to enjoy fall
Great tips! Creative and fun.!
Great ideas! We have had our pumpkin for a while now and still havent gotten around to carving it!
I love all these ideas!! What great tips!!
It make me sad to think our Fall is over for another year. Fall is such a wonderful time, and yet entirely way too short. Great tips and thoughts on some fun fall adventure.
These are great ideas! We didn’t get to do as many Fall activities as we would have liked to this year, as we were so busy, but we tried to do some! Next year I will definitely be trying to do more 🙂
Such a great list of fall fun – thanks for sharing at After School!