Does your neighborhood plan an annual block party? When I was a kid, there wasn’t ever a formal block party but all of the kids would often be playing with each other in the front yards while the parents visited. It seems like this doesn’t happen a lot anymore with everyone’s busy schedules. How well do you know your neighbors? A fun idea to get to know each other better would be to plan a fun block party with snacks, games and visiting. Here are some fun block party games and activities for the kids to enjoy.
Block Party Games & Activities:
It is a good idea to have a mixture of activities so that you have something suitable for all age groups. Here are some fun ideas you may want to try:
- face painting
- bounce house
- bike decorating along with a bike parade
- street hockey
- soccer in a nearby parks
- an area to make your own snow cones with a blender to shave ice and different flavored syrups
- hiding items in participating neighbors yards for a fun scavenger hunt or treasure hunt with clues – here are some fun ideas for leaving mystery clues
- a pinata
- water games like water balloons or sprinklers to run through
- sidewalk chalk art – check out these fun games with sidewalk chalk
- supplies to make large bubbles
- art easels or a large roll of paper and finger paint
- obstacle course with pylons, hula hoops and more – here are some fun obstacle course ideas
- hula hoop games
- beach ball games
- classic children’s games like 3-legged race and more
- classic party games like egg & spoon races
Have you attended a block party? What type of block party games and activities did you try? Let us know in the comments below.
We’re always adding new ideas for family fun & we don’t want you to miss any fun ideas! Follow along on on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin’.
1 thought on “Block Party Games”
great article!!! I loveeeee board games too hahaha the other day I played scattergories and loved it!! you should check it out!! subbed xx