These Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins make a great breakfast or afternoon coffee break treat. They are packed full of blueberry flavor and the sweet crumb topping makes them taste like a dessert. We bake a lot of muffins around here because my son (5) absolutely loves them. My parents even call him the Muffin Man because he loves muffins so much. Ha! He loves helping in the kitchen and it’s great for practicing reading, math and his speech. Plus they always taste better when made with love, right?
Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins:
This recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat milk, honey and egg with a spoon.
- Stir in flours, baking powder and salt just until flours are moistened.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
For more delicious muffin recipes, check out some of our favorites!
Cranberry Banana Muffins – swap out the cranberries for chocolate chips.
Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins – one of my favorites!
Strawberry Banana Crumb Muffins – made with baby food!
Check out our Recipes page for more delicious ideas for breakfast, dessert, appetizers and more! Never miss an update by following us on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Be sure to say hi over in our online social media communities!