Are you stuck on what to make for favors for an upcoming baby shower? I always like food favors because people love receiving delicious treats. It’s also a great option for a co-ed baby shower. Rather than make typical cookies or cupcakes for people to take home, try making some delicious recipes with baby food! Baby food favors could include muffins, mini loaves and more! One of my favorite treats to make with baby food are these Strawberry Banana Crumb Muffins.
Strawberry Banana Crumb Muffins:
These muffins are quick and easy to make. For favors, they can be placed in a single cupcake box along with a personalized sticker and ribbon.
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 4oz jar banana baby food
- 1 4oz jar strawberry baby food
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray 12 muffin tins or line each with a paper liner.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat sugar & butter for one minute until well blended.
- Add baby food and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- Add eggs. Beat until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir well to mix.
- Pour into prepared muffin tin.
- In a separate bowl, mix all topping ingredients together until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on baking rack.
More Baby Food Favors:
With a slight change to the above recipe (swapping the two types of baby food), you can make a variety of other muffins. Here are some delicious ideas:
- use 2 jars of banana baby food and add in a 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts for banana nut muffins
- use 2 jars of carrot baby food and add in 1/2 cup of raisins for carrot raisin muffins
- use 2 jars of carrot baby food and add in 1/4 cup of sweetened shredded coconut for coconut carrot muffins
- use 2 jars of pumpkin baby food and add in 1/4 cup of drained diced pineapple for pumpkin pineapple muffins
We also have a FREE printable baby shower favor box that would fit these muffins perfectly.
For more baby shower tips, theme ideas and free printable games, please see our Baby Shower page.
We’re always adding new ideas for celebrations. Follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
2 thoughts on “Strawberry Banana Crumb Muffins”
Have you tried doing these as mini muffins? I have to take mini muffins to my daughter’s Christmas breakfast tomorrow and I’m contemplating using this recipe
I haven’t tried them as mini muffins but I’m sure they’d be delicious. You’d just have to reduce the baking time so that they don’t burn.