For many of us, the beginning of a new year means resolutions to live a healthier lifestyle. I love salads but often lack the motivation to make one. It’s not that salads are difficult to make but grabbing something quick & unhealthy sometimes seems to be easier. My son is a huge fan of vegetables so I’m going to follow his lead this year and fit more vegetables into my daily meals. One of my favorite salads is this Santa Fe Chicken Salad. You can prep all of the ingredients ahead of time and you’ll have delicious salads to eat for a couple of days!
Santa Fe Chicken Salad Recipe:
The recipe below makes enough for four meal sized salads. I store the leftovers in the fridge – each ingredient in a separate container – so I can easily toss together another salad the next day.
- 2 romaine hearts, washed & chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 package fajita seasoning mix
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup corn niblets, rinsed & drained
- ½ cup green onions, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup havarti jalapeño cheese, shredded
- baked tortilla strips or broken taco chips
- salsa for dressing
- sour cream for dressing
- In a large frying pan, cook chicken thoroughly then mix with fajita seasoning according to package directions.
- Toss lettuce, chicken, black beans, corn, green onions, and cheese together in a large bowl.
- Top with tortilla strips & sliced avocado.
- Use as much sour cream & salsa as you'd like for dressing. Everyone has different preferences on how much dressing they like so I let each person put dressing on their individual salads.
Looking for more delicious ways to get more vegetables into your diet? This Spaghetti Squash Stir Fry is one of my favorites.
This Vegetable Fried Rice is also a tasty way to pack in some extra vegetables.
We’re always adding new & delicious recipes! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest for even more tasty family meal ideas.
3 thoughts on “Santa Fe Chicken Salad”
This salad looks absolutely gorgeous – such a yummy and filling meal! Thanks for sharing this at Monday Funday, pinned!
Hey Cheryl! This salad looks amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe!!
This look great . I love the deconstructed presentation!