Oh Canada! Are you planning a Canada Day party for July 1st? It’s a great time to gather friends and family for a fun BBQ and celebrations. Here are some fun Canada Day party ideas to help you get started.
Want a mini fireworks celebration with the kids? Try some fun sparkler candles in some red velvet cupcakes!
Food ideas could include some Canadian-themed barbeque foods such as burgers made from Canadian beef and topped with Canadian bacon. A fun & delicious side dish could be some poutine (now my tummy is growling!). You could serve cookies cut out in maple leaf shapes. Small Canadian flag food pics would be perfect on top of a burger.
You could play this free printable Canada Trivia game with your guests and award fun Canada-themed prizes. All of the answers have been included on the free printable game. How many of these questions can you answer correctly?
Canada Day Party Ideas – Trivia:
- In 2012, how old will Canada be?
- In what year did Queen Elizabeth start her reign over Canada?
- Name all the province & territories plus the capital city of each.
- Which province has the highest population?
- True or False – Saskatchewan and Alberta were created out of land that had been a part of the Northwest Territories.
- Who was the first Prime Minister of Canada?
- Who was the first female Prime Minister of Canada?
- Who has been the Prime Minister of Canada 3 times?
- How many times has Canada hosted the Olympic Games? Bonus points if you can name the years.
- Name the first Canadian woman in space.
- Which of these was invented in Canada? Basketball, 5-Pin Bowling, Snow blower
If you will be attending a party this year but not hosting, here are some fun ideas for a Canada Day Party themed hostess basket.
What makes you proud to be Canadian?
Follow this proud Canadian on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin’.
4 thoughts on “Canada Day Party Ideas”
That cupcake looks yummy! Thanks for celebrating with us!
love that cupcake!
Great cupcake!!! I love the colors of our flag, they are so bright and pretty, and everyone looks good in white and red, on the inside and out! Happy Canada Day!!!
I’m not planning a party, but that picture looks like a ton of fun! And the Canada Day trivia would be tons of fun! Thanks for sharing.