Have you been invited to a Canada Day party this weekend? Trying to think of a gift to bring for the host? Party hosts usually say “Don’t bring anything!” but I never like to go empty handed. Here are a few fun ideas for creating a basket of goodies for your party host. Some ideas are a little on the silly side but the guests will likely get a chuckle out of it and the kids will enjoy the small silly items. Don’t forget – we have FREE printables to help you put your hostess basket together!
Hostess Gift Idea for a Canada Day Party:
Let’s start with the basket. I’d suggest starting at your local dollar store and seeing what they have available like:
- red basket or pail
- metal serving tray or oversized ice pail
- white or red tissue paper
- red & white ribbon
- small clear bags
Now for what to put in the Canada Day Party hostess basket:
- chocolate almonds with a note tied to the bag with ribbon that says “Moose Droppings”
- pretzel sticks with a note tied to the bag with ribbon that says “Beaver Dam Supplies”
- sparklers with a note and ribbon tied to a small bundle that says “Mini Fireworks”
- red bottles of pop
- red & white candy such as jelly beans, wrapped chocolates
- Canada Day tattoos
- Canada Day stickers
- red glow sticks
- Canada flag napkins
- Canada Day gear such as hats and sun visors
- Canada Day bottle opener or wine cork
- Small stuffed toys like a moose or beaver
- Chocolate loonies
- Canada Day themed toys such as flying discs and bouncy balls
Don’t forget to include a little thank you note for the host/hostess!
Need to practice up on your singing of the national anthem? Here are the words to O Canada so you can study before the party!
For more Canada Day ideas including free party printables, recipe ideas and more, visit our Canada Day category.