Have you been invited to a Canada Day party this weekend? Trying to think of a gift to bring for the host? Party hosts usually say “Don’t bring anything!” but I never like to go empty handed. Here are a few fun ideas for creating a basket of goodies for your party host. Some ideas are a little on the silly side but the guests will likely get a chuckle out of it and the kids will enjoy the small silly items. Don’t forget – we have FREE printables to help you put your hostess basket together!
Hostess Gift Idea for a Canada Day Party:
Let’s start with the basket. I’d suggest starting at your local dollar store and seeing what they have available like:
- red basket or pail
- metal serving tray or oversized ice pail
- white or red tissue paper
- red & white ribbon
- small clear bags
Now for what to put in the Canada Day Party hostess basket:
- chocolate almonds with a note tied to the bag with ribbon that says “Moose Droppings”
- pretzel sticks with a note tied to the bag with ribbon that says “Beaver Dam Supplies”
- sparklers with a note and ribbon tied to a small bundle that says “Mini Fireworks”
- red bottles of pop
- red & white candy such as jelly beans, wrapped chocolates
- Canada Day tattoos
- Canada Day stickers
- red glow sticks
- Canada flag napkins
- Canada Day gear such as hats and sun visors
- Canada Day bottle opener or wine cork
- Small stuffed toys like a moose or beaver
- Chocolate loonies
- Canada Day themed toys such as flying discs and bouncy balls
Don’t forget to include a little thank you note for the host/hostess!
Need to practice up on your singing of the national anthem? Here are the words to O Canada so you can study before the party!
For more Canada Day ideas including free party printables, recipe ideas and more, visit our Canada Day category.
For more fun ideas to enjoy as a family, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
1 thought on “Canada Day Party – Host Gift Ideas”