We had a big response on Pinterest to our Anti-Valentine’s Day Party so I’m guessing there are a few of you who don’t care much for the sweet & cute side of romance. That’s okay! We have a fun date night just for you – Scary Movie Date Night! If your idea of the perfect date is watching a scary movie at home, then this printable package is for you. With a few small modifications, this would also be great for a slumber party for tweens.
Scary Movie Date Night Ideas:
In this printable party set you’ll find a personalized invitation. You could hide this invitation in your husband’s work bag to let him know there will be a surprise date night when he gets home from work.
We also have fun RIP Romance tombstone favor boxes that you could use for candy or popcorn. Simply print, cut out and assemble with a little double-sided tape.
To display all your food options, we have cute movie clapper style food tents. Simply write your food items on each card with a white chalkboard marker.
A scary movie wouldn’t be complete without cozy blankets so we have a little “Scary Movie Snuggles” tag you can tie around your favorite blanket for the couch. Blankets are a must when I’m watching a scary movie because I spend most of the time covering my face. I don’t handle scary movies well!
Some other fun ideas include:
- Halloween-themed candy like cupcake sprinkles shaped like skulls
- marshmallow fang teeth (yes, there really is such a thing!)
- use a brain-shaped candy mold to make themed chocolate treats
- bread sticks labeled as “bones” with dip
- wine glasses filled with your favorite beverage (I used my husband’s favorite for these pictures – Pepsi)
- graveyard pudding cups (chocolate pudding with gummy worms in it and topped with crushed chocolate cookies)