These Cookie Dough Truffles are really easy to make. The “dough” in the truffles isn’t really raw cookie dough and there are no products in it like raw eggs that make them an unsafe food choice. I have to warn you though, you won’t be able to stop at just one!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1½ pounds chocolate wafers (they look like large & flat chocolate chips), melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter & brown sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until the mixture is creamy.
- Add vanilla and beat until mixed.
- Gradually beat in flour and milk.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place balls on waxed paper and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate wafers.
- Using a spoon, swirl balls in the chocolate mixture until evenly coated.
- Gently lift each one out of the chocolate using 2 forks.
- Place them back on the wax paper and chill in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.
Once the cookie dough truffles have set and the chocolate has hardened, be gentle with them because they will crack open easily.
For more delicious recipes, check out our special Recipes page.