Today is the big day! You read about it last week (see the details here) but today is the first official day of the Kissimmee Memories and Dreams Contest. Canadians, this is your chance to win 1 of 2 trips to Kissimmee, Florida!
Your kids may be the ones back in school but it’s you that has a mini essay assignment so sharpen those pencils! Experience Kissimmee wants to know either your best memories of a past Kissimmee vacation or your dreams of traveling to the area. Here are the contest details that I know you’re excited to read:
- There will be two fabulous prizes awarded – one in the Memories category and one in the Dreams category.
- Each prize consists of round-trip Economy Class airfare courtesy of Air Canada for the winner and five guests, a six-night vacation home stay courtesy of All Star Vacation homes, and a seven day rental car courtesy of Dollar Rent A Car.
- The contest is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) that are at least 21 years of age.
- Entrants are required to submit a short essay composed of 1,000 – 1,500 characters (approximately 250 – 375 words) in either the Memories or Dreams category.
- Contest ends September 30, 2013.
- Submissions will be judged by a panel of Kissimmee destination experts. One submission with the highest score from each of the categories will be selected as the Grand Prize winner in that category.
Win 1 of 2 Trips to Kissimmee, Florida!
Time to start brainstorming your ideas for your winning essay! Did you know that Kissimmee is known as the gateway to fun because is is close to the major theme parks? Which parks would you be most excited to visit? There are a lot to choose from: Walt Disney World Resort, SeaWorld Orlando, Universal Orlando Resort and LEGOLAND Florida. You are also close to some fun adventures like nature tours, zip lining and airboat rides. That’s right – you could see some gators!
My last trip to the area was eight years ago – long before I was a mommy! A friend and I had a blast at Universal, SeaWorld (love those puffins!) and other attractions. We’re heading there in a few months and I am so excited to introduce my son and husband to the area. Although our trip is still five months away, I already have notes on all of the places we want to visit in the area.
Ready to submit your essay?
Click here to visit the Kissimmee Memories and Dreams Contest site.
Join in on the excitement by following Experience Kissimmee on Twitter and following the hashtag #MemoriesDreams.
*Disclosure: I received compensation for this post. All opinions expressed here are my own.