There’s no need to choose between a sweet treat or a salty snack with this Sweet and Salty Bark! It’s a chocolate base topped with a variety of ingredients like candy coated chocolates, pretzels, caramel chocolate bars, even potato chips! Potato chips with chocolate? Yes – trust me on this! I thought it was weird at first too when I heard that someone snacked on potato chips with chocolate chips but I totally understand why now. So yummy!
Sweet and Salty Bark:
I’m not sure you can really call this a recipe – it’s just chocolate topped with all your favorite candies and salty snacks – but I’ll write it out in a recipe format anyways. Pretty sure we can call this the world’s easiest recipe!
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups broken pretzels
- 2 cups plain, salted potato chips (broken into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 cup mini Rolo chocolate (or other chocolate caramel bar chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup candy coated chocolates
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in microwave on 30 second intervals - stirring well after each 30 seconds. You want this melted but not hot.
- Spread chocolate evenly over wax paper.
- Sprinkle pretzels, potato chips, chocolate bar pieces and candy coated chocolates over the melted chocolate. Lightly press all the toppings into the melted chocolate.
- Place bark in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes until chocolate has hardened.
- Once hardened, break into pieces and store in a sealable food storage bag. Store in refrigerator.
If you’re just as excited about this Sweet & Salty Bark as I am, but you’re not quite ready to make one, be sure to pin this to your favorite desserts recipes board on Pinterest so you can find it again super quick when you are ready! If you make it, let us know on social media by tagging MomsandMunchkins as we love to see what our readers make.
For another delicious chocolate bark recipe, check out this Easter Bark with layers of graham crackers, marshmallow fluff, chocolate and all your favorite Easter candies.
For more delicious ideas, visit our Recipes page. Never miss an update by following us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.