These fun staycation ideas at home will help you discover some new attractions & activities in your own city or a nearby town. You don’t have to travel far to enjoy a fun family staycation. You may be surprised at just how many places exist in your city that you haven’t yet tried. Your kids will love helping to choose activity ideas as well.
Staycation Ideas at Home:
- Visit your local tourism office (either in person or online) and see what suggestions they have in your city. Are there historical places you could visit? A museum you haven’t toured? A new exhibit that just opened up? Your tourism office is sure to have some fun suggestions.
- As you are out and about running daily errands, keep your eyes open for new places to visit. Is there a new restaurant in your area? Has a new recreation facility opened? You may be surprised by how many places you drive by daily but haven’t yet noticed.
- Read your city’s event calendar and make note of festivals or events that are coming up. Mark them on your calendar so you don’t forget.
- Purchase a map of your city and look at the parks & landmarks. Are there any that you have not yet visited?
- Check the tourism office information for a nearby town. They may also have new places to visit, attractions to see & festivals to attend.
- Make a list of things you’d like to try like horseback riding, virtual golf, etc. and then check your local listings to see if any local businesses offer these experiences.
- Ask friends or family in your city where they go for family fun. If they were to suggest a local attraction to visitors, what would they recommend? Perhaps they have some staycation ideas of their own to share.
- Check for anniversary events at your favorite attractions like the 50th anniversary of your local museum or the grand reopening of your local library. Some of these attractions may be planning special events.
Here are some more fun staycation ideas at home that are perfect for a summer staycation.
What is your favorite attraction in your own city?