Everyone in my home is a big fan of Disney Junior so we were very excited to hear about the premiere of Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess. Sofia the First will make her big debut on Disney Junior on Saturday, November 24th at 7pm ET. Sofia is a young girl who lives with her mother in the village. Her mother meets King Roland II and it is love at first sight! Sofia’s mother (now Queen Miranda) and King Roland II are married which now makes Sofia a princess! As you can imagine, learning to be a princess is not an easy task. Sofia is not sure that she has what it takes to be a princess but she soon discovers the true meaning of being a princess is more than beautiful gowns and the perfect royal wave. Sofia encounters a few challenges along the way like the jealousy of her new sister and Cedric the sorcerer’s plans to take over the kingdom. It’s a wonderful story about the blending of two families and discovering that your uniqueness is what makes you special.
I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to watch an advanced screening of Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess with my son. It was a big hit with both of us! I don’t want to give away anything here but I have to tell you two things to watch for in the premiere. The first is my favorite character the witty & funny rabbit Clover, Sofia’s new best friend at the castle. The second is Sofia’s closet – I am so jealous of that closet! Just wait until you see it and you’ll understand why.
Sofia The First: Once Upon a Princess – Premiere Party Ideas:
There are many ways you can celebrate this premiere as a family. You can also invite your child’s friends over for a prince & princess viewing party. Disney Junior has plenty of ideas to help you plan the perfect princess viewing party.
- Learn how to waltz with these easy to follow instructions. With a little practice, you’ll be ready to dance at Sofia’s Royal Ball!
- You can host a tea party for your little princes & princesses with these delicious ideas for tea party sandwiches.
- During your tea party, engage the little ones in some tea party talk with these fun questions.
- Your little ones can let their creativity shine with this fun Princess Book with activity sheets for creating their own Princess Crest, a sign up sheet for creating their own Royal Princess Court, and an activity for creating their own Princess story.
Some other fun accessories that you can include in your princess party are:
- princess tiaras and prince crowns for the guests to wear
- sugar cookies cut out in tiara shapes with pink icing
- a craft of creating your own princess jewelry
Disney Junior is also giving you a chance to win one of 150 Sofia the First Book Prize Packs! Tune into the premiere and watch carefully because you’ll need to know the answer to a certain question for your chance to win.
Have fun & be sure to come back to let me know what you thought about the big premiere of Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess.
What animal would your child choose to include on her Princess Crest? I’m sure my son would choose a dinosaur for his.
Disclosure: I’m part of the Disney Junior Mom program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.