I love thinking of new moms night in ideas! Gathering your best mommy friends for fun activities and great conversations is a great way to end a busy week. This fun idea for a Moms Night In Fortune Telling Party is all about learning more about yourself and predicting the future using practices such as numerology, astrology, horoscopes, and tarot cards. It’s about gathering with moms to have a few drinks, some good food and a whole lot of laughs.
Whether you are a believer in fortune-telling or not, this fun dinner party with a twist will entertain all your guests and create some fun lasting memories.
Moms Night In Fortune Telling Party – Entertainment:
I want to start by sharing some Wikipedia definitions on these beliefs and practices.
- Numerology is any study of the purported divine, mystical or other special relationship between a count or measurement and life. It is the study of the symbolism of numbers. It is used to determine a person’s personality, strengths and talents, obstacles, inner needs, emotional reactions and ways of dealing with others.
- Fortune-telling is the practice of predicting information about a person’s life.
- Tarot reading revolves around the belief that the cards can be used to gain insight into the past, current and possible future situations of the subject.
- Astrology consists of a number of belief systems which hold that there is a relationship between astronomical phenomena and events in the human world. In the West, astrology most often consists of a system of horoscopes that claim to predict aspects of an individual’s personality or life history based on the positions of the sun, moon, and other planetary objects at the time of their birth.
Contact someone in your local area that specializes in one of the above services. This person can provide readings to your guests at the Moms Night In Fortune Telling Party.
If you are looking for more inexpensive activities for this moms night in party, you could print information on the different astrological signs & associated traits to read about at the party. You can share a few laughs listening to the signs & personality traits of the mommies at the party. Buy a few magazines with horoscope sections to read & share with the group as well. Make note of some predictions to see if they come true!
Moms Night In Fortune Telling Party – Decor:
Decor for this party could be as simple as a decorative glass ball (the crystal ball) as the centerpiece on the food table. Decorative & dark toned scarves could be used as table decor.
Moms Night In Fortune Telling Party – Dinner:
There are so many variations of pasta dishes which means creating a pasta buffet is an easy way to be sure everyone can find a combination they enjoy. For your pasta buffet, you could include items such as:
- Different types and colors of pasta
- Alfredo sauce
- Tomato sauce
- Spicy sausage
- Sautéed vegetables such as onion, green pepper and mushrooms
- Steamed vegetables such as broccoli, zucchini and peas
- Grated parmesan cheese
Don’t forget about the garlic toast. A pasta dish just isn’t complete without a buttery piece of garlic toast or bread sticks.
Moms Night In Fortune Telling Party – Dessert:
Using your own favorite cupcake recipe, bake enough mini cupcakes so that each guest can enjoy at least three. Have a buffet of toppings available such as:
- Butter cream frosting
- Cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate frosting
- Crushed cookies
- Crushed candy bars
Each guest can create a few different cupcake varieties to enjoy.
Moms Night In Fortune Telling Party – Favor Bags:
If you wanted to create favor bags for your guests, items like a note pad and pen would be practical as guests could use this to make note of the fortunes they hear for themselves. You could also make your own fortune cookies out of craft paper and insert fun fortunes for your guests. Here’s a link to a site with a free printable for making fortune cookies.
If someone could tell you what your future held, would you want to know?
For more fun ideas for a moms’ night out, visit our special Moms’ Night Out page.
Stay updated on the latest ideas by following us on on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin’.