Mom and baby exercises are a fun way to enjoy time with your little one while working on shedding the baby weight. Getting back that post baby body is something many new mothers strive for but many new moms don’t know what mom and baby exercises are right for them. Between feedings, diaper changes, play time, errands and housework, sometimes fitting in time for fitness is difficult to do. We all know about the many health benefits that come from regular exercise, but not all mothers know of the many mommy & baby fitness classes available in their local area.
Learning Mom and Baby Exercises:
Depending on the city you live in, there are likely plenty of mom and baby exercises & classes to choose from. In the Ideas In Your City section, I’ve provided links to various recreation guides in cities across Canada. Many of these include mommy & me classes for you to choose from.
For your mom & baby group, you could contact local business that offer mom and baby exercises & classes and ask if they’d be interested in doing a sample class for your group. This is a great way to have fun while trying out various programs to see if you are interested in registering for a class.
Below are some samples of mom and baby exercises and classes that may be offered in your area. Check with your local fitness centers for class descriptions.
- Baby & Me Aquasize: These classes provide a workout for the moms along with some fun in the pool for the munchkins. Although some classes say babies can start as early as 3 months, always check with your doctor if you are unsure of the age that your child should be introduced to the pool.
- Strollercize: These classes combine intervals of power walking with strength training exercises.
- Baby & Me Boot Camp: These post baby body workouts combine cardio with strength training and are easily adaptable to all fitness levels.
- Baby & Me Abs: This fitness class focuses on your core area.
- Baby & Me Yoga: Focuses on relaxation and flexibility.
- Baby & Me Salsa: Dancing for exercise – sounds like fun, right?!
Have you attended any mommy & me fitness classes? If so, what are your thoughts on the classes?
To keep updated on all of the family fun ideas, follow us on Facebook.