Are you planning on hosting a Halloween party this year? Maybe you just want to have a small family Halloween party at home to celebrate the spooky season. Here are some fun Halloween party ideas for activities, food and decorations along with free printables!
Halloween Party Ideas – Decorations:
- Plastic witch cauldrons (black pot) make a perfect serving bowl for snacks.
- Dry ice fog is a great set up for your front entrance when guests arrive to the party.
- Caution tape on the front door
- Skeleton hiding in the front hall closet
- Rubber bats on strings hanging from door frames so that when someone opens a door, the bats will “fly” down
- Skeleton straws (you’ll find these at your local dollar store)
- Set your table with a themed table cloth, plates, cups and napkins
Chickabug is one of my absolute favorite party accessory designers! She has loads of free printables for the Halloween season. Check out these links:
- Gravestone Cupcake Toppers
- Treat Boxes and Hershey Wrappers
- Spell book cover
- Printable Halloween photo banner (adorable!)
One of my other favorite party sites, Amanda’s Parties TO GO, has fabulous free Halloween printables. Visit this link and then scroll down the page until you reach the links to free Halloween cupcake wraps, tags, a sign and Hershey kiss stickers.
Halloween Party Ideas – Food, Drinks and Desserts:
- Make brownies and place gummy worms crawling out of them.
- Make green Jell-O in clear plastic cups with gummy fingers in the bottom of the cup.
- Create a green punch (Kool-Aid and lemon lime soda work great) and call it “Witch’s Brew”. For added creepiness, you could include some gummy eye balls in the bottom of the punch bowl.
- Orange candied popcorn – here’s a link to an easy recipe
- Serve Hot Articoke & Spinach Dip with a plastic hand reaching into the bowl.
- A Halloween party wouldn’t be the same without treats! Here are free printable mini candy bar labels perfect for your Halloween treat table.
- Guests could be send home with small treat bags filled with candy and a toothbrush (the toothbrush addition is a silly idea that’s sure to get a few chuckles!)
Halloween Party Ideas – Activities:
- If your party will include costumes, a fun idea would be to host a costume fashion show. You could create a runway lined with plastic skeleton bones and include a fog machine entrance.
- Guests could carve mini pumpkins or decorate them using pumpkin decals.
- Create a spider with this cute & easy spider craft idea
For more fun Halloween ideas including free printable games, visit our special Holiday Fun page and scroll down to the Halloween section.
Do you have any Halloween party ideas that you’ll be using this year? I’d love to hear about them!
Here are some additional decorating ideas for a Halloween party:
1. Halloween Trophy Awards
2. Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Round Paper Lantern
3. Heritage Lace Bats Table Topper
4. Skeleton Felt Chair Cover Halloween Decor
5. Halloween Decor Candy Holder and Bowl
6. Ceramic Black Spider Divided Appetizer Tray
7. Glitterville Halloween Spider Cake Stand with Glass Dome Cover
8. 6 Cavity Halloween Mold
9. Castle Bundt Pan
We’re always adding fun ideas for celebrating holidays (both major holidays as some of the little-known ones) so be sure to follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin’ for the latest ideas.
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon affiliate program. All opinions expressed here are my own.
9 thoughts on “Halloween Party Ideas”
Eek! Cheryl! Thank you for the kind words and all the links, I REALLY appreciate that! : ) And yes – you can tell I really like Halloween, huh?! ; )
Oh, thank YOU for the great printables! I wish I had your talent! I’m already looking for my next reason to have a party so I can order from you again. 🙂
Thanks for all the great Halloween party ideas. I especially love hanging a skeleton in a closet, and the gummie worms crawling out of the brownies. Lots of fun for either a kids or and adults party.
Love these ideas! I’m definitely bookmarking this so I can come back, we have an annual Halloween party for our kids and their friends and one for the adults, these ideas will work for both! Thanks for sharing!!
great party ideas! thanks for sharing
Great ideas! I don’t have any original ones but I saw one on Pinterest I want to use for a decoration, party or not. Spread candy corn on a long skinny glass dish and place 3 black pillar candles in a row in it. Easy!
These sound so fun! Bookmarking for sure!
I’ve never put too much thought or effort into Halloween decorating because we’ve never really had a Halloween party or anything like that. We do pumpkins and I usually throw a couple of decorations up just so the neighborhood kids know they are welcome to stop in for trick or treating. Maybe one day when the little one is older we will actually have a party! There are some really cool ideas here!
Loving all those printables. Will be printing some out for the kiddies! Thanks