When you went trick-or-treating as a kid, did you scream “Halloween Apples” or “Trick-Or-Treat”? I’m pretty sure my mom used “Halloween Apples” but I grew up with the good old trick-or-treat, smell my feet song. Ha! One of my mom’s favorite sweet treats are caramel apples so I’ve named this caramel apple dip with her in mind – Halloween Apples Dip!
It’s basically a homemade caramel sauce topped with your favorite Halloween candies then used as a dip for apples. A delicious but super sweet treat. You’ll have to share this one because it’s way too sweet to eat all by yourself!
Halloween Apples Dip:
You can use any of your favorite candies in this dip. I chose some Kit Kat bars for mine but other yummy options include M&M’s, crushed nuts, toasted coconut, even mini marshmallows. The possibilities are endless!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup (1.5 sticks) butter, unsalted
- 1 cup heavy cream (35%)
- variety of candies in bite-sized pieces
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over high heat.
- Add heavy cream and brown sugar and mix well to mix.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat slightly and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool. This caramel thickens as it cools and you'll want it pretty thick to use as a dip.
- Right before serving, sprinkle candies on top of the caramel and serve sliced apples on the side.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge.
Have leftover caramel sauce? Make some of these tasty Apple Cinnamon Pancakes for breakfast with caramel syrup. Yummy!