Ready for a ROARsome snack idea for your next family movie night? This Dinosaur Munch & Crunch snack mix is a delicious combination of sweet and salty (this is more sweet than salty). Perfect for a totally unhealthy midnight snack (the best midnight snacks aren’t healthy, right?) or even a dinosaur party for kids. It starts with caramel popcorn, plus crunchy chocolate eggs, pretzels and lots of chocolate! You can add some dinosaur gummy candies into this mix as well. Have you tried gummy candies mixed with chocolate? So good! Well, anything is quite tasty when paired with chocolate.
Dinosaur Munch & Crunch:
This takes just a few minutes to toss together but you’ll need to let the chocolate harden in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving. This is so easy to make that it seems silly to type it into a printable recipe format but let’s do it anyways!
The more chocolate the better! Make sure your mixture is in a thin layer on the parchment paper before drizzling the chocolate over it or you’ll have a bunch of popcorn at the bottom that the chocolate didn’t reach.
The Whoppers Robins Eggs are usually out in stores around Easter but Cadbury Mini Eggs work just as well if you can’t find the Whoppers.
- caramel popcorn
- Whoppers Robin Eggs (or Cadbury Mini Eggs)
- pretzel sticks
- semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- optional: dinosaur gummy candies
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread popcorn out into a thin layer.
- Top with chocolate eggs and pretzel sticks.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes until chocolate hardens.
- Break into pieces and store in re-sealable food storage bag. Keep cool in fridge.