After the way my husband raved about my Cinnamon Bun Crepes, I knew I had to think of another sweet treat for him with a similar taste. I’ve been drooling over the idea of a sweet cheese ball and I thought a Cinnamon Bun Cheese Ball sounded like a delicious treat. I was right! When I first made it today, I told myself I’d just have one small bite to test it but that one small bite turned into three full dipped cookies and I’m thinking I could sneak in a fourth before my husband gets home. Yes, it’s really that good!
Cinnamon Bun Cheese Ball Recipe:
This is a really sweet treat but I have a serious sweet tooth so I love it. I used shortbread cookies to dip into the cheese ball but you could also use graham crackers or even strawberries. It doesn’t hold its shape long at room temperature so make sure you serve it as soon as you take it out of the fridge and don’t leave it sitting out at room temperature for too long.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup powdered icing sugar
- 2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- Beat cream cheese and butter on medium speed until mixed well.
- Add brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, and icing sugar. Beat well until mixed well and creamy.
- Scoop out onto a long strip of plastic wrap. Wrap up while shaping into a ball and place in freezer for 45 minutes.
- Place cereal in a plastic food storage bag and crush cereal into small flakes.
- Remove from freezer and plastic wrap then roll in crushed cereal to coat.
- Place cheese ball on plate and serve immediately. If not serving immediately, wrap cheese ball and plate in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
For more delicious recipes, visit our Party Food and Family Meals page. We’re always adding tasty new recipes. Never miss an update by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + and Bloglovin’.
9 thoughts on “Cinnamon Bun Cheese Ball”
This looks delicious! I bet it tastes great with graham crackers and animal crackers too, or with sliced apples! So glad I saw it at the Thursday Favorites hop. I’d love for you to come link up at This Is How We Roll Thursdays next week. You have so many great posts!
Thank you, Corinne! We sure gobbled it up quickly here.
This looks like the perfect thing to take to my book club! Perfect for the season.
Yes, it’s so delicious!
This looks delicious! Pinning for my next party. 🙂
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
What a fun idea!
Thank you, Carlee!