We have a Christmas tradition of eating crepes for breakfast but it’s only April and I can’t wait until December before enjoying dessert crepes again! We usually fill the crepes with vanilla pudding and top them with berries but today I wanted to get a bit more creative with them so I came up with Cinnamon Bun Crepes. Oh my gosh – they are so delicious! They are really sweet so don’t load your plate full of them but they make a delicious little dessert!
Dessert Crepes – Cinnamon Bun Crepes:
There is probably an easy way to make crepes in a frying pan but I always go for the easiest route which is using my mom’s crepe maker. It saves time and doesn’t make too much of a mess. If you plan on making crepes for your family often, I’d recommend purchasing one. If not, I’m sure there’s a handy YouTube video somewhere on how to make crepes in a frying pan.
These are delicious topped with berries or bananas but you can just sprinkle yours with some of the cinnamon sugar topping and drizzle with leftover cream cheese mixture.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (unsalted), melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- With a wire whisk (or mixer), combine flour and eggs.
- Add milk & water gradually.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir to mix well.
- Follow the instructions on your crepe maker to cook crepes.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon.
- On a flat crepe, spread approximately 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture over each crepe then sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on each (the amount depends on how sweet you want it).
- Top with another flat crepe and repeat the layers until you have 5 layers.
- Tightly roll each crepe stack and place on a plate.
We’re always adding delicious ideas for party food and family meals. Never miss a tasty update by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + and Bloglovin’.