Why head to the bakery when you can make delicious, soft, fluffy cookies at home, right?! These Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies are thick, chewy, and have a delicious chocolate and coconut mixture giving them a slightly different taste than a typical chocolate chip cookie. I’m a big coconut fan (you’ll find some of my other favorite chocolate coconut recipes linked below) so I’m surprised that it has taken me this long to add coconut into a chocolate chip cookie! It adds just the right amount of chewy texture making these cookies irresistible. Do you have a favorite mix-in for chocolate chip cookies? Let me know in the comments below.
Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies:
This recipe makes 24 medium sized cookies. I scoop the batter in 2-tablespoon size for a big, fluffy cookie. If you want smaller cookies (1-tablespoon size) I’d recommend reducing the baking time to about 14 minutes.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2.5 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter on medium speed until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add in brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat until creamy (about 2 minutes).
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir well to mix.
- Gradually beat dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in 2 cups of chocolate chips (put the other ½ cup of chocolate chips aside for now) and all the coconut. Stir until well mixed.
- Scoop cookie dough into 2 tablespoon sized cookie balls and place two inches apart on a silicone lined baking sheet.
- Press remaining chocolate chips into tops of cookies.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for an additional 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Love the coconut and chocolate combination? Check out a few of our other chocolate and coconut favorites!
Chocolate Coconut Brownies – that chewy coconut layer…I’m totally drooling remembering how delicious these are!
Coconut Macaroon Tarts – a great dessert to include on your next party buffet table!
Triple Chocolate Coconut Bars – these couldn’t be any easier to make!
Visit our Recipe page for more tasty ideas for desserts, party appetizers, supper recipes and more! Stay updated on the latest by following us on Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.