Why head to the bakery when you can make delicious, soft, fluffy cookies at home, right?! These Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies are thick, chewy, and have a delicious chocolate and coconut mixture giving them a slightly different taste than a typical chocolate chip cookie. I’m a big coconut fan (you’ll find some of my other favorite chocolate coconut recipes linked below) so I’m surprised that it has taken me this long to add coconut into a chocolate chip cookie! It adds just the right amount of chewy texture making these cookies irresistible. Do you have a favorite mix-in for chocolate chip cookies? Let me know in the comments below.
Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies:
This recipe makes 24 medium sized cookies. I scoop the batter in 2-tablespoon size for a big, fluffy cookie. If you want smaller cookies (1-tablespoon size) I’d recommend reducing the baking time to about 14 minutes.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2.5 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter on medium speed until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add in brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat until creamy (about 2 minutes).
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir well to mix.
- Gradually beat dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in 2 cups of chocolate chips (put the other ½ cup of chocolate chips aside for now) and all the coconut. Stir until well mixed.
- Scoop cookie dough into 2 tablespoon sized cookie balls and place two inches apart on a silicone lined baking sheet.
- Press remaining chocolate chips into tops of cookies.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for an additional 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Love the coconut and chocolate combination? Check out a few of our other chocolate and coconut favorites!
Chocolate Coconut Brownies – that chewy coconut layer…I’m totally drooling remembering how delicious these are!
Coconut Macaroon Tarts – a great dessert to include on your next party buffet table!
Triple Chocolate Coconut Bars – these couldn’t be any easier to make!