As a mom that works from home, I don’t always have a lot of time to prepare supper but I do try to make healthy choices for my family. This is were the slow cooker comes in handy! I love being able to toss a few ingredients together in the morning and then have a delicious homemade meal for supper. With many busy evenings at home, I really appreciate big meals that allow for leftovers. The problem is, I often get bored eating the exact same meal for days in a row. That’s where a tasty recipe like this Cheddar Ranch Chicken comes in handy. You can make the Cheddar Ranch Chicken in the slow cooker but then make a few different meals from it. I love mixing the chicken with spaghetti and fresh vegetables for a yummy pasta dish but then the leftover chicken can also be eating with salad the next day for lunch, pressed into a panini sandwich, combined with vegetables for a healthy lunch wrap, even turned into a tasty nacho appetizer for movie night!
Cheddar Ranch Chicken:
If you choose to bake this in the oven instead of the slow cooker, bake in a large casserole dish at 425F for one hour. For the pasta dish featured here, I added the cooked chicken & some of the cheddar ranch sauce to spaghetti with peas, red peppers, mushrooms and a bit of Parmesan cheese.
- 8 large chicken breasts (boneless & skinless)
- 2 cans condensed cheddar cheese soup (2-10 ounce cans)
- 1 can water (10 ounces)
- 1 envelope dry ranch dressing mix
- In a large slow cooker, empty two cans cheddar cheese soup, 1 can of water and dry ranch seasoning mix. Stir well to mix.
- Add chicken breasts to soup mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for for 8 to 9 hours or on high 5 to 6 hours.
When planning your grocery list, think of all the ways you can pair up this cheddar ranch chicken. Here are some ideas:
- with spaghetti, peas, red peppers and mushrooms for a pasta bowl
- with rice and fresh vegetables in a stir fry
- with fresh potatoes, carrots and beans from the farmer’s market
- with taco chips, black beans, corn, green peppers and shredded cheese for nachos
- with lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions in a salad
- with tortilla shells, shredded cheese, bell peppers, and jalapenos for quesadillas
- with tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms and shredded cheese on baked pizza bread
With so many tasty ideas, you don’t want to forget anything from your grocery list. You can use the free Shopping with Chicken.ca app to record your grocery list and split it with your partner while at the store. You can get through that busy store quickly if you’re both using the same app to split that shopping list in half!
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.