We’ve all heard the saying “the way to a man’s heart is through is stomach” so what better way to show him you care than by making a delicious Father’s Day brunch. These Sausage and Bacon Breakfast Burgers are loaded with seasoned Italian sausage, beef and spices and topped with bacon, jalapeño cheese and cracked pepper with garlic cream cheese. A hearty breakfast perfect for dad!
Have you started shopping for Father’s Day gifts yet? Like I’ve done the last few years, I made a trip to Mark’s to check out their selection. Whether you’re looking for something for your own dad or another special guy in your life, they have a great selection to choose from. You know what would go perfect with these breakfast burgers? This “You had me at bacon” t-shirt. Ha! My favourite has to be the “In my defence, I was left unsupervised” t-shirt.
Shop this look at Mark’s: Long-Sleeve Henley Shirt and Denver Hayes Flextech 360 Classic Khaki Pants.
Father’s Day Gift Ideas from Mark’s:
Have an active dad on your shopping list? Check out the selection runners, workout gear and backpacks.
Have a casual dad on your shopping list? Help him update his summer wardrobe with some shorts, hoodies perfect for nights around the campfire, hats to wear on fishing trips, t-shirts and jeans.
Have a dad on your shopping list that works out in the field or garage a lot? They have a great selection of work clothing and gear as well.
For Father’s Day last year, I bought my dad a new jacket, jeans and socks from Mark’s. I’ll have to take him shopping next week to pick out his gift for this year too! He’s difficult to shop for so bringing him with me to the store is just so much easier than guessing at what he may need or like.
No matter your budget, you are sure to find something for the special man in your life at Mark’s.
Sausage and Bacon Breakfast Burgers Recipe:
Now let’s get to this mouthwatering breakfast burgers recipe! Don’t forget the chunky hash browns as a side dish – my favorite recipe would be these Garlic Ranch Potatoes.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- ½ cup bread crumbs (fine)
- 1 teaspoon dried ground sage
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- bagels (great for a breakfast burger) or buns
- Topping suggestions: jalapeño havarti cheese, tomatoes, bacon and Philadelphia Whipped Bold Cracked Pepper & Garlic Cream Cheese
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef & ground Italian sausage with the bread crumbs and all spices. Mix until fully combined.
- Form into patties then BBQ until fully cooked (at least 165F internal temperature).
- Serve burgers on bagels or buns with cream cheese, jalapeño havarti cheese, tomatoes and bacon.
Check out our Father’s Day page for even more great ideas like free printables, party ideas, treat ideas and more!
*Disclosure: I was compensated for this post; however, all opinions expressed here are my own.