Ideas for Creating a Haunted House:
- Create slime (click here for the recipe) and pour into a witch’s cauldron. You can then hide plastic eye balls in the slime mixture. Now here’s the part where you can have fun with your guests! First blindfold the guest, then bring out the slime mixture, have the guest reach in and try to find a “hidden prize” (the plastic eye) and have them guess what it is. Then remove the blindfold for the surprise!
- Your entrance way to the party can be covered in yellow caution tape. Replace your entrance way light with a spooky colored light bulb like red. You could also set up a motion sensor Halloween statue to
frightenwelcome guests to the haunted house.
- A dark entrance way could be covered in cotton spider webs for the guest to
get tangled inwalk through.
- Have a family member dressed in costume that can pop out of a closet (or from behind a door) to surprise guests upon their entry to the haunted house.
- A dry ice fog machine is a great addition when creating a haunted house.
- When creating a haunted house, you’ll want to make sure the spooky area is dark . Turn off the main lights in the house and replace them with colored light bulbs in lamps (this will help to make the room darker and spookier).
- Plan an “unexpected” power outage (assign one family member to turn off the electrical breakers) in the party area. Guests will then see the secret messages you left using glow in the dark paint on the walls. A large roll of white paper or an old white sheet can be used as your glowing art canvas to hang on the wall.
Does your family have a tradition of creating a haunted house at home? What are your favorite haunted house tricks or decorations?
Here are some additional fun ideas for decorating a Halloween party:
1. Halloween Trophy Awards
2. Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Round Paper Lantern
3. Heritage Lace Bats Table Topper
4. Skeleton Felt Chair Cover Halloween Decor
5. Halloween Decor Candy Holder and Bowl
6. Ceramic Black Spider Divided Appetizer Tray
7. Glitterville Halloween Spider Cake Stand with Glass Dome Cover
8. 6 Cavity Halloween Mold
9. Castle Bundt Pan
For more fun ideas for the holidays including party ideas, free printable games, activity ideas and more – visit our special Holiday Fun page.
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon affiliate program. All opinions expressed here are my own.