Here are some creative clue ideas along with tips on where to hide the clues. You can also print the free printable romantic scavenger hunt by clicking here.
Your first clue should be hidden on the front door so that your spouse finds it as soon as he (or she) gets home.
- Welcome Home! I’ve planned a fun romantic scavenger hunt for you! You’ll have to use your imagination to uncover the clues that will lead you to our date night! You’ll find the first clue on the day we met. (Hide the next clue on the calendar on the date that you met)
- When you buy me flowers, this is where they go! (Either hide the next clue in a flower vase or in the area you display the flowers)
- Don’t we look happy? Your next clue is hidden on a picture of our special day. (Hide the next clue on the back of a picture frame showcasing your wedding day or on a page in your photo album)
- You mean the world to me! (Hide the next clue on a globe or a map)
- I Choo Choo choose you! (Hide the next clue on a toy train)
- I am so happy that I get to wake up to you each morning. (Hide the next clue around where your spouse sleeps like on his pillow or in his nightstand)
- I love you Beary much! (Hide the next clue on a stuffed teddy bear)
- You light up my life! (Hide the next clue inside a lamp shade or hang it from a light fixture)
- If I were to make you a romantic dinner, this is where I would start. (Hide the next clue in a recipe book, near pots & pans, or perhaps on a takeout menu by the telephone)
- I’ve always got your back. (Hide the next clue pinned to the back of a shirt or jacket)
- I think you are eggs-traordinary! (Hide the next clue on a carton of eggs in the fridge)
- Who is the most beautiful person I’ve ever met? (Hide the next clue on a mirror in your spouse’s bathroom)
- Nothing is as sweet as you…except maybe this. (Hide the next clue on a bag of sugar in the pantry)
- This is where we would go to curl up and enjoy an evening at home. (Hide the next clue on the couch or pin to your couch blanket)
- You really get my engine running! (Hide this clue in your vehicle)
Your final clue could lead to your vehicle with a special map or instructions to go out to a restaurant for dinner. Another fun idea is to great a mixed CD with some of “your” songs like songs from your wedding day or other songs that are significant in your relationship. You can place a “Play Me” note on the CD in the vehicle.
How often to you plan a special date night? For more fun date ideas, check out our Date Ideas category.
We’d love to have you join our conversation on Facebook as well. Happy Planning!