Are you expecting a new baby? Congratulations! Have you already planned how you’ll announce the big news to family & friends? Here are 10 cute ways to announce pregnancy news.
10 Cute Ways to Announce Pregnancy:
1) Invite guests over for dinner and have the big news written on a cake.
2) Have your older child wear a “Big Brother” or “Big Sister” shirt and see how long it takes your unsuspecting friends & family to notice.
3) For out of town family & friends, create a fun little slideshow (photos and music) of your older children with 1 photo at the end of either your ultrasound picture or a picture of the older children wearing a “Big Brother” or “Big Sister” shirt. Are you expecting your first child? If so, then the fun slideshow can be of you & your spouse for wedding photos, vacation photos…or just highlights from the past year. Then the last slide could be a simple “…and then there were 3” note to announce the upcoming arrival. The last slide announcing the pregnancy will pleasantly surprise your audience!
4) Pin the message to a Jack in the Box. Have your older child bring the Jack in the Box to a guest to play with. When Jack pops out, so will your surprise news!
5) Wrap a picture frame gift for the expecting grandparents (or aunt, uncle, etc.) with an ultrasound photo inside or a photo of the positive pregnancy test.
6) Use window writers and write it on a bathroom mirror or dining room window. How long will it take your dinner guests to notice the news?
7) Have your older child draw a picture of the family including the upcoming arrival. Give this to the new grandparents and see how quickly they notice the upcoming addition to the family.
8) Create your own scratch cards (see tutorial here – it’s easier than it sounds!). You could make this look like a coupon or store promotion (Hey, look what I found in your mailbox!) or include it in a card. The scratch card instructions could say “Uncover 3 of the same symbols and win the prize in the Prize Box”. Have 3 scratch circles all with a drawing of a baby plus a scratch Prize Box that once scratched will read “A new grandchild!”.
9) While your company is over, suggest a game of “telephone” to your child. Have you ever played telephone? It’s easy! All players sit in a circle. Have one of the unsuspecting guests be last in the circle and have either yourself or your older child second last. The first player says anything they want…let’s say “I like cookies dipped in milk as a bedtime snack”. The first player just whispers this into the ear of the person to their right. Each person continues to whisper this message in the ear of the person to their right. Now, in a normal game the last person that receives the message says the message out loud and it’s funny to see how the secret message may have been mistranslated throughout the circle…but this game will be a bit different. The second last person in the circle (yourself or an older child) will whisper in the last person’s ear (we’re having a baby) and the last person in the circle will say the message out loud to surprise the other guests.
10) Invite the unsuspecting guests over for Chinese takeout food. Before the party, create little fortunes that say “Expect a baby in your near future” and insert these into the fortune cookies when the guests aren’t looking. It will be funny to have all of the guests receive the same surprising fortune!
How did you announce your pregnancy? Was everyone surprised?
After you’ve made the BIG announcement, you’re going to want to start thinking about the fun parties that go along with it like baby showers and gender reveal parties. You can check out our Baby Shower page for fun ideas on gender reveal parties, baby shower themes, baby shower activities (including free printable games), party etiquette and more!