Are you planning a practice egg hunt in preparation for the Easter Bunny’s arrival? What do you put inside the plastic eggs? Here is a list of 50 ideas for what to put in Easter eggs. Keep in mind that there are a few different sizes of plastic eggs available at your local dollar store and some of these items will only fit into the larger size of egg.
What to Put In Easter Eggs:
- Jelly beans
- Mini chocolate eggs
- Small notebook
- Small Easter chicks
- Beads and string to make jewelry
- Mini memory cards
- Hair bows or elastics
- Molding clay or Play-Doh
- Small race car
- Craft supplies like pom poms, pipe cleaners and googly eyes
- Individually cut letters to spell out a secret message
- A coupon for a hug
- LEGO pieces
- Treasure hunt clues for a hidden Easter basket of goodies
- Small icing decorations for making Easter cupcakes
- Plastic bugs
- Small figurines
- Small container of bubbles
- Silly fortunes
- Homemade gift certificates for things like an ice cream cone or a movie date night coupon
- Fruit snacks
- A recipe for cookies that you can make together
- Fun facts about the Easter Bunny (like his favorite foods, favorite movie, etc.)
- Easter riddles
- Fisher-Price Little People
- Travel-sized toothbrush
- Sample size perfume
- Lip gloss
- Flower seeds
- Decals for a bicycle
- A treasure map for a special hidden “golden egg”
- Easter gummy candy
- Silly assignments like “stand on one leg and hop 10 times”
- Wrapped egg-shaped cake ball
- Individual sized drink powder packet
- Mini nail polish
- Temporary tattoos
- Glow in the dark stars
I’d love to hear your ideas for what to put in Easter eggs! What is the most unique item you’ve ever hidden or found inside an Easter egg?
For more fun Easter ideas like free printable games, treat ideas, party ideas and more, visit our Easter page!
Making Easter cupcakes this year? Check out my Hidden Bunny Easter Cupcakes (with a free printable) and these Peeps Cupcakes – both so easy to make!
Stay updated on the latest ideas for holiday fun & activities by following along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin’.
2 thoughts on “Ideas for Things to Put in Easter Eggs”
Coins quarters, pennies, nickles and dimes.
This is a fantastic list! Thank you for sharing with us at Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.