Welcome to Movie Monday! Today we’re sharing ideas for hosting a Two Weeks Notice movie party. Have you seen the movie? This romantic comedy features Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock as an over-demanding boss and a faithful assistant. It is playing this weekend on W Network – check your local listings. For this movie night party I’m going with a fun workplace theme – no suit and tie required!
Two Weeks Notice Movie Party:
When you think of workplace snacks, what foods come to find? Coffee, donuts, brown bag lunches? All would be fun ideas to serve at your party! Rather than sandwiches in the brown bag lunches, you could serve buttered popcorn. Don’t forget to label the bags with each person’s name like “Cheryl’s Lunch – Do Not Touch” because no one likes having another co-worker steal their lunch from the office fridge!
During commercial breaks, you could share funny work-related stories. Some fun questions to spark conversations are:
- Have you ever had a crush on a boss? Thankfully I can answer “No” to this question!
- Has your boss ever given you a completely weird assignment? I actually worked for a man once that had his assistant trim his eyelashes. Ha! No, I’m not kidding!
- Share a story about something that happened at work that still makes you laugh. My last out-of-the-house job was filled with funny characters so I’d have a lot to share here!
- Did you ever witness something so shocking at work that you still can’t believe it’s true? A surprise office romance? A funny fashion statement? Share any funny stories here that are sure to cause laughter.
- If you could work anywhere, where would you choose? For me, I’m loving working from home!
- Did you ever get a funny response from a boss when you gave your two weeks notice? Share your funny stories with your friends!
For more ideas for moms’ night in parties, check out Moms’ Night page.