Does your family do themed dinner nights such as Meatless Monday or Taco Tuesday? Ready to mix it up a bit? You can switch up your regular Taco Tuesday night with this delicious Taco Lasagna! It’s easy to make and it spices up your regular routine for a night (or two because I’m sure you’ll have leftovers!).
This recipe is very filling so a smaller sized lasagna in a 8×8 pan would be more than enough to feed a family of four.
- 1 regular sized package of extra lean ground beef (about 2 pounds)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- oven-ready lasagna noodles (about 6-8)
- 1 340g bag of shredded cheddar & mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar queso cheese
- sour cream for topping (about a tablespoon per serving)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large frying pan, cook beef thoroughly.
- Drain fat.
- Add red pepper and tomato to frying pan.
- Mix taco seasoning with 1 cup of water and pour over beef mixture.
- Turn oven to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour one half of the beef mixture in the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish.
- Top with uncooked, oven-ready lasagna noodles (one flat layer of noodles, don't overlap them).
- Pour half the queso cheese over the noodles.
- Sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese.
- Pour the rest of the beef mixture on top then layer again with noodles, queso and shredded cheese.
- Place foil over the baking dish and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove foil from baking dish and continue baking for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with a scoop of sour cream on each portion.
We’re always adding new & delicious ideas. Never miss an update by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + and Bloglovin’.
Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.