My son loves TV and with winter being as long and as cold as it was, we spent a lot of time indoors over the last several months watching fun kid-friendly programming. Kids shows are so much more advanced than when I was a child. Many of them are educational and I love listening to him count and sing along with his favorite shows. He’s not allowed to use the TV control because I want to be able to monitor what he’s watching and when he’s watching it. This means that both my husband and I have to make sure the remote is well hidden from him so we don’t catch him watching the latest episode of Cops.
Last year we purchased an iPad because we were going on a long trip with our son and we needed a way to keep him in his seat during long car rides, flights, etc. It worked so well! In fact, the iPad now comes with us for other times we need him to stay in his seat like at the doctor’s office. The only problem with the iPad is that he easily gets bored of one game and starts pushing buttons to play other games. He’s not quite three years old yet so he really doesn’t understand what all the buttons are for so there have been times that things have been accidentally deleted or I go in to find 1000 close-up pictures of his adorable face.
Parental controls is one of the many reasons I love Kidoodle.TV. I can set the one app for him and then lock it on that app so he can browse around at cartoons and push as many buttons as he wants without me worrying about him deleting something important from one of my apps. With all the exciting programs in Kidoodle.TV, he’s content to stay right within that app to browse shows, listening to opening songs over and over again and explore all there is to offer.
Within Kidoodle.TV, you can set custom settings for up to five children.
- set the amount of screen time they are allowed to have in a day
- see the shows suggested for each child’s age range and choose what shows you want them to have access to
- if there is a show you would rather they didn’t watch over and over again (hey, we all have at least one that we can’t handle watching one more time!), then you can turn access off to a particular show
- Not sure what to watch Kidoodle.TV on? They have an exciting contest on right now where you could win 1 of 3 iPad Minis! The contest ends April 30, 2014 so hurry over to enter!
There are so many other benefits to Kidoodle.TV!
- ad-free programming
- kids-only content so you never have to worry about them seeing a show or program that isn’t appropriate for their age
- includes both new shows and retro shows you enjoyed as a kid
- with Web access, you can enjoy Kidoodle.TV on the go
- very affordable at only $4.99/month with ways to earn free months
Try Kidoodle.TV Today!
I love Kidoodle.TV so much that I want to give you several options for how you can start testing it out for free today! You can read all about these options below:
1) Kidoodle.TV Free Trial
2) Earning Additional Free Months of Kidoodle.TV
3) Exclusive 25% off Discount Code
4) Win a 1-Year Subscription
Kidoodle.TV Free Trial!
I know you are going to love Kidoodle.TV but you don’t just have to take my word for it – you can try it for yourself for 14 days FREE! That’s right, free! No obligations, no credit card number required, just register with your email address and test it out for yourself.
Earning Additional Free Months of Kidoodle.TV
Not sure if 14 days is long enough to try it out? Well then you’re in luck because they’ve just introduced the “Invite Friends and Earn Credits Campaign” where you can earn free months of Kidoodle.TV! Simply invite friends using your personal invite link found in the Parents Room through the Earn Free Months tab. Every time 4 of your friends accept the invitation as a new subscriber to Kidoodle.TV, you will earn 1 month of free Kidoodle.TV (no credit card required), which is automatically applied to your account!
Exclusive 25% off Discount Code
So, let’s say you’ve been enjoying your free trial of Kidoodle.TV and you’re ready to sign up for an annual subscription. Great! My using the MCC25 coupon code you will receive a 25% discount for a year subscription to Kidoodle.TV.
Win A Kidoodle.TV 1-Year Subscription!
One lucky Moms & Munchkins will win a free 1-year subscription to Kidoodle.TV! Simply enter through the Rafflecopter form below.
Giveaway Rules & Restrictions:
- This giveaway is open to Canadian residents only (excluding Quebec) who are at least 18 years of age.
- Winner will be chosen randomly. Winning entries will be verified prior to contacting the winner.
- Odds of winning depend on number of entrants.
- The giveaway ends on April 19th, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. A winner will be drawn randomly on April 20th, 2014. The winner will be notified, by email, and will have 24 hours to claim the prize. If I do not receive a response from the winner within 24 hours, a prize forfeit will be assumed and a new winner will be chosen randomly.
- I reserve the right to disqualify any entries. I reserve the right to end, extend, or change a giveaway for any reason and without prior notice.
- By entering giveaways, you verify that you understand and meet the prize eligibility requirements.
- Please note that Moms & Munchkins is not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prize. I will not be responsible for lost or damaged items. Replacement items will not be provided. We have represented each sponsor with the expectation that they will fulfill their prize in a timely manner. While we are not responsible, we will make every effort to assist the winner in obtaining their prize.
- You will see other blogs hosting a similar prize (check out the #KidoodleMom hashtag on Twitter) and although you are encouraged to enter across multiple blogs, you are only eligible to win on a single blog.
- Once the winner claims the prize, his/her name will be posted on the giveaway page. Your name and email address will be sent to the prize sponsor so they can set you up with your prize.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.
Disclosure: I am part of the Kidoodle.TV blogger program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
4 thoughts on “A Fun Way To Monitor What Your Child Watches On TV”
I just signed up for the free trial. My son is loving it. Great shows available. And their customer service/ tech support is quick and friendly too! My son is loving all the Transformers shows.
We love it too! My son loves listening to the opening songs over and over again.
Interesting, I never knew you could keep track of what the child is doing on the tablet. This is a good way to monitor your child’s activities.
thats a great idea the koodle. i want to get one of the for my kids. i think ill have to get a cover for it too. my kid is a wild one. great article thank for the great content