This Strawberry Shortcake recipe has just turned into a family favorite in our home! It’s so easy to prepare and it’s so delicious! If you’re not a fan of cream cheese frosting, a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on the top is just as delicious! Don’t forget the fresh strawberries though. It wouldn’t be much of a Strawberry Shortcake without strawberries, right?!
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe:
You can skip the cream cheese frosting if you prefer a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- 3 cups Bisquick mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks form; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla on medium speed until well blended. Fold in whipped cream.
- Frost top of cooled cake with whipped cream mixture.
- Top with strawberries.
This delicious Strawberry Shortcake recipe is sure to be a hit at all your summer parties! You could also top it with other fruit such as peaches, kiwis or other berries.
For more delicious ideas, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, with sneak peeks on Instagram.
Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
8 thoughts on “Delicious & Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe”
Cheryl, this is beautiful, and I love to bake with Bisquick! I am so glad you shared this with us at Treasure Box Tuesday- I am sharing this afternoon on Facebook (3:30 CST)! 🙂
I would love of piece of this yumminess! Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. Watch for your feature on Monday ♥
Thanks for sharing….love the recipe!
So irresistible! Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!
I featured your recipe this week as one of my favorite recipes linked up last week on Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays! I’d love for you to take a peek and share with your fans via social media!
Thank you so much for linking up!
So pretty, so simple, and so delicious. That’s what I like to call a perfect dessert! This looks SO good! YUM!
Thank you so much, Karly!