This Strawberry Shortcake recipe has just turned into a family favorite in our home! It’s so easy to prepare and it’s so delicious! If you’re not a fan of cream cheese frosting, a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on the top is just as delicious! Don’t forget the fresh strawberries though. It wouldn’t be much of a Strawberry Shortcake without strawberries, right?!
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe:
- 3 cups Bisquick mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks form; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla on medium speed until well blended. Fold in whipped cream.
- Frost top of cooled cake with whipped cream mixture.
- Top with strawberries.
This delicious Strawberry Shortcake recipe is sure to be a hit at all your summer parties! You could also top it with other fruit such as peaches, kiwis or other berries.
Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.