As a busy work-at-home mother, I look forward to spending time alone to relax and unwind after a busy day. For me this means curling up in bed to watch a comedy on TV, going for a bike ride, spending an hour at the spa or catching up with a good friend. For many of us, it’s common to pack so much into a day that people forget to leave time for themselves. Are you guilty of this? I know I am! Sometimes I actually have to plan “free time” into my calendar just so I remember to take a break and do something that I enjoy. Need some relaxation inspiration?
Spring Relaxation Ideas:
I don’t know what the weather was like where you are but here it was long and cold. I’m so happy to finally welcome the warm weather & sun back to our city! Here are some great ways to relax this spring.
- Read a Good Book: My favourite author, Emily Giffin, has a new book out that I’d love to read.
- Go For A Walk: Going for a walk alone is a great way to clear your mind and come up with new fun ideas while enjoying the fresh air.
- Go For A Bike Ride: This is one of my favourite activities!
- Sit Outside On The Patio: This is a great activity for the day or evening. I love sitting outside in the evening and listening to nature.
- Go For A Drive: This is my husband’s idea of relaxation – going for a drive out in the country.
- Try A New Hobby: Is there a new skill you’ve been thinking of trying? Maybe this summer is finally the time to look into it more.
- Plant A Garden: I don’t have a green thumb but I’ll be learning some gardening skills from my mom this spring.
- Start a Journal: I don’t have a journal myself but I know several friends that say writing is a relaxation technique that they often use.
- Spend Time With Friends: Whether it’s catching up with an old friend through a telephone call or it’s inviting your neighbour over for a drink on the patio, catching up with friends is a great way to relax.
While relaxing, don’t forget to indulge in a sweet bubbly drink like this raspberry lemonade. This is really easy to make with a SodaStream machine. Simply make a batch of Country Time lemonade with the SodaStream and add fresh raspberries. You could mash them and strain them so you only use the juice but I throw the entire berry in there and let the juices mix naturally.
With so many flavors made for the SodaStream machine, the possibilities are endless! For more refreshing ideas, visit the SodaStream Canada Facebook page. You can also join in our conversations on Twitter with the hashtag #BubblesMyWay.
What do you do to relax at the end of a busy day?
Disclosure: I am part of the PTPA Brand Ambassador Program with SodaStream Canada and I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.