This Shabby Chic Bridal Shower is perfect for a bride that loves antiques, flowers and gardening. It is such a pretty and feminine theme for a bridal shower! A garden or backyard setting works well with this theme but if the weather is too cold you could also use a barn or greenhouse. In this post I’ll provide ideas for invitations, decor, food and favors. All of the party printables featured here are by Just a Little Sparkle.
You can also visit our Shabby Chic category for even more creative ideas.
Shabby Chic Bridal Shower – Invitations:
This pretty invitation can be placed in an envelope with dried flower petals and sealed with a butterfly stamp. This pretty invitation ties into the rest of the party decor (food tents, favor tags and banner).
Shabby Chic Bridal Shower – Decorations:
Decor for a Shabby Chic Bridal Shower theme includes a lot of antique or weathered decor so a thrift shop would be an excellent place to shop for party decor. Some pretty decor ideas include:
- lace tablecloth
- porcelain pieces like cake stands and flower vases
- tea cups and saucers
- old weathered shutters as a backdrop
- old floral sheet or curtain as a backdrop with mini clothespins holding pictures of the bride-to-be
- antique or weathered picture frames for engagement pictures
- fresh flowers
- paper doilies
- bird cages
- decorative butterflies
- old weathered side table for a dessert buffet
- mason jars
- twine for ribbon
- steel watering cans filled with flowers
Old wood pieces can be incorporated into various areas of the decor like an old drawer for holding favors, an old bookshelf for photos, wooden boxes upside down as stands for desserts, etc.
Shabby Chic Bridal Shower – Food:
For food options in a Shabby Chic Bridal Shower theme, you’ll want to stick with small bite-sized and dainty foods. Some delicious ideas include:
- french macaroon cookies
- mini cheesecakes in mason jars (click here for a recipe)
- mini strawberry trifles (click here for a recipe)
- chocolate dipped strawberries served on paper doilies
- scones or tea biscuits
Drinks could include tea served in little tea cups with saucers or lemonade in mason jars with paper straws.
The printable food tent cards match the invitation, banner and favor tags.
Food can be served on tall cake stands, inside old wooden drawers, on china ceramic dishes and on paper doilies.
Shabby Chic Bridal Shower – Favors:
Favor bags for a Shabby Chic Bridal Shower can be as simple as brown paper bags with a personalized favor tag glued to a paper doily and secured to the bag with a mini clothespin.
Favor ideas include:
- flower seeds
- mini flower pots
- chocolate dipped fruit
- cupcake in a decorative box
- light pink cupcake pops
Other Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Ideas:
1. Houston Watering Can
2. Regency Paper Lace Doilies
3. Ritz Lace Tablecloth
4. Antique Silver Beaded Small Cake Stand
5. Quilted Jelly Canning Jars
6. Antique Blue Porcelain Vase
7. Gazebo Birdcages
8. Farmer’s Lantern
9. Scrollwork Candleholder
10. White Side Night End Table
11. Cast Iron Wall Hooks
12. White Ceramic Birds Home Decor
13. Perpetual Calendar Wall Art
14. Tin Verdigris Storage Bucket
15. Wood Arched-Top Wall Mirror
Just A Little Sparkle – Party Printable Set
*Disclosure: The party printable set was provided to me free of charge. I am part of the Amazon affiliate program. All opinions expressed here are my own.