This post is courtesy of our contributor Melissa…Our dog (Apple) is so much a part of our lives we refer to our beagle/shepherd mix as our 4th child. With her birthday fast approaching, I wanted to share with you the recipe we use to celebrate her special day. This recipe uses all dog safe ingredients but be sure to check with your vet for your dogs individual needs.
- 1 cup flour - white or whole wheat
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat oven for 350F.
- Spray a 12 count cupcake pan with baking spray.
- Mix the flour and baking soda together in a medium bowl with a large spoon.
- Add the peanut butter, vegetable oil, vanilla, honey and egg.
- Once combined, mix in the shredded carrots.
- Spoon batter into the cupcake pan.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool completely then frost with peanut butter.
- Refrigerate or freeze unused cupcakes in single serving portions so you can pull them out as needed.
Thank you so much to Melissa of Sweet & Tasty Pastry for sharing this recipe with us for our furry family members. Be sure to follow Melissa on Facebook for more delicious ideas. If you try this recipe for your dog, head over to her Facebook page to let her know what your pooch thought of it. If you’re looking for a baker in Providence, Rhode Island, be sure to contact Melissa!