Hear ye, hear ye! You are invited to a royal celebration celebrating the princess & knight of the Royal Kingdom! Do you have twins (a boy and a girl) or children with birthdays close to each other? Have you ever planned a co-ed birthday party for them? These Princess & Knight birthday party ideas are perfect for a co-ed party. Here I’ll share ideas with you on invitations, decorations, food, activities, favors and more. All of the printables featured here are by the creative Holly with Mimi’s Dollhouse.
Princess & Knight Birthday Party – Invitations:
These adorable invitations incorporate both the birthday princess and the birthday knight. For a cute royal touch, seal the envelope with an embossed stamp. The mini printable circles (for Hershey’s kisses) can also be used as stickers on the outside of the invitation’s envelope.
Princess & Knight Birthday Party – Decorations:
This Welcome sign makes a great hanging for your front door. Simply punch a hole in both the top corners and loop a piece of tulle through it to hang. I used this for a party booth area of the party – I’ll share more about this in the activity section.
A personalized banner is always a cute addition above the buffet table. Ribbon or tulle can be used to string the banner together. This can be placed directly on the wall or can be pinned to a curtain backdrop (I used a silver shower curtain for this backdrop).
The large circle cutouts can be used to glue onto large pink, black or silver paper fans. It’s a quick and easy way to personalize a basic party supply!
Jeweled candle holders can be used to hold cake stands and serving trays. Can you guess what this table runner is? It’s an old bridesmaid dress! With a little bit of creative thinking, you’d be surprised at how many party supplies you already have in your home.
The printable cupcake circles can be used with a tulle ribbon to create custom napkin holders.
Princess & Knight Birthday Party – Food:
When planning food for a party, I always start by brainstorming words that remind me of that particular theme. For example, when I think of princesses I think of tiaras, a royal ball, flowers, etc. With this in mind, I decided on a simple chicken ball appetizer labeled “Royal Ball” and a vegetable & dip platter labeled “Garden Dip”.
When thinking of a knight, I think of fire-breathing dragons, suit of armor, swords, etc. so I decided to include a salsa labeled “Fire-Breathing Salsa” and fruit kabobs labeled as “Sword Fruit”. The printable food tent cards let you create your own special names for the party food.
Bite-sized desserts are always a hit at a party. Since they are small, you can try more of a variety! Some ideas for small desserts include:
- mini cupcakes
- cream puffs
- tiara-shaped cookies
- mini brownies topped with pink icing and silver sprinkles
- cake pops
Princess & Knight Birthday Party – Drinks:
Water bottle labels can be used to dress up bottles of water or pop. Cupcake circles and straw flags can be used to dress up plain plastic cups (straw flags can also be used like a ribbon around the cup). The straw flags make a cute addition to black and pink striped straws.
Princess & Knight Birthday Party – Activities:
Photo booths are always a fun idea at a party and the photos make a great addition to the thank you cards that you’ll send after the party. For this photo booth, I used a silver shower curtain backdrop, the welcome sign, paper fans dressed up with the printable circles and the mini banners with the birthday girl and birthday boy names.
Other fun ideas for Princess & Knight birthday party activities include:
- a “training camp” for the knights including an obstacle course
- a “princess school” teaching the little girls proper tea party etiquette
- a scavenger hunt with the princesses playing against the knights to find a hidden treasure
- a craft of decorating your own crown
- a craft of decorating your own sheild
Princess & Knight Birthday Party – Favors:
The mini printable circles make a cute addition to Hershey’s kisses or pink salt water taffy. Other cute Princess & Knight birthday party favor ideas include:
- inflatable or foam swords
- tiaras and wands
- plastic drinking goblets
- stickers or temporary tattoos
Princess & Knight Birthday Party – Supplies:
2. Dragon Pinata
3. Castle Pinata
4. Crown Kit
5. Knight Shield Kit
6. Medieval Knight Cake Plates
7. Medieval Knight Dinner Plates
8. Medieval Knight Cups
9. Medieval Knight Wall Decoration
10. Knight Cape
11. Inflatable Sword
12. Sword and Shield Set
13. Knight Figures
14. Knight Stickers
15. Knight Ultimate Favor Set
16. Medieval Knight Favor Bag
17. Dragon Figures
18. Knight Happy Birthday Balloon
19. Meri Meri Brave Knights Cupcake Kit
20. Boys Medieval Knight Birthday Party Favor Gift Bag Grey
21. Meri Meri Brave Knights 7.25-Inch Small Square Plates, 12-Pack
22. Knight Masks Party Accessory (1 count) (4/Pkg)
23. Suit Of Armor Cutout
24. Inflatable 30-Inch Dragon – Colors may vary (Red or Green)
25. Pinkalicious Dinner Plates
26. Crown Cake Pan
28. Fairytale Princess Deluxe Favor Set
29. Fairytale Princess Favor Set
30. Fairytale Princess Cake Plates
31. Mini Fairy Princess Wand
32. Fairytale Princess Cups
33. Velvet Princess Hat
34. Fairytale Princess Napkins
35. Fairytale Princess Dinner Plates
36. Fairytale Princess Candle
Printable Party Package – Mimi’s Dollhouse
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon and Birthday in a Box affiliate programs. The printable party set by Mimi’s Dollhouse was provided to me free of charge. All opinions expressed here are my own.