This 3-Cheese Pizza Popcorn Snack Mix is slightly spicy but so delicious! I bet you’ll have no problem gobbling up an entire bag during your next family movie night. The summer season is on the way & that means kids get to stay up a bit later and you’ll have more time for family fun. One of our favourite family fun activities is watching a movie together with some delicious snacks. This is a great evening activity, it’s fun for a rainy day or you could even borrow a projector and plan an outdoor movie party. No matter when or where you decide to host it, you will need some delicious snacks for your movie concession stand.
The movie printables featured here are no longer available on Pinterest but we will be developing new ones soon – stay tuned!
We’ve been eating a lot of dill pickle popcorn lately and I’m getting pretty pickled out. Tonight I decided to try something different – 3-Cheese Pizza Popcorn Snack Mix. My husband wanted something spicy and I wanted something with a variety of different ingredients.
3-Cheese Pizza Popcorn Snack Mix:
This recipe makes one large food storage bag full. With an appetite like my husband’s, this only lasted one day around here.
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Pretzels (small size or large pretzels broken into pieces)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese crackers (small)
- 1.5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 tablespoon spaghetti sauce seasoning mix
- 4 cups White Cheddar Popcorn
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (fresh grated)
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder and the spaghetti sauce seasoning mix. Set aside.
- In a large food storage bag, mix together the Rice Chex, pretzels, cheddar crackers.
- Pour vegetable oil over the Chex mixture, seal bag and shake well to coat.
- Pour the seasoning bag over the Chex mixture, seal the bag and shake well to coat.
- Add popcorn and Parmesan cheese to the Chex mixture, seal bag and shake well to coat.
Did you know that Rice Chex is gluten-free, a healthier snack alternative and also comes in Honey Nut flavour?
For more delicious ideas, follow the #SummerWithChex hashtag on Twitter.
Disclosure: I am part of the Summer With Chex Blogger Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.