These pizza cupcakes are super easy to make! Load them up with your favorite pizza toppings and bake them in wonton wrappers. Super easy, right? This recipe would make a great game day appetizer. I’m not much into sports (unless it’s watching my son play sports – nothing cuter than a bunch of little kids playing hockey) but I’d respond a big YES to a game day party invitation because I know those parties always have the best food! Is it wrong to go to a party just for the food? Nope! I’d be lying if I said I didn’t head straight to the dessert table upon arrival to almost any party. Cake, cookies, cupcakes…don’t mind if I do!
I included a few of my favorite pizza toppings in this recipe but if you don’t like chorizo, mushrooms, etc. feel free to swap with your favorites like ham, pineapple, onions, etc.
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups pepperoni or chorizo sausage, diced
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1 can (7.5 oz) pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray 18 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Overlap two wonton wrappers in each muffin tin.
- In a small frying pan, cook mushrooms and bell peppers until slightly softened.
- In a large bowl, combine meat, mozzarella, bell pepper, mushrooms and pizza sauce. Stir to mix well.
- Fill each unbaked wonton shell with pizza mixture.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until wontons are slightly crispy and filling is hot (melted cheese).
Love pizza? Check out some of our other pizza recipes!
Layered Pizza Dip – super easy to make and a hit with all ages.
Greek Pizza – a cold appetizer pizza topped with fresh vegetables.