This Greek Pizza recipe is really easy to prepare and it makes a great appetizer. Your kids won’t mind eating the healthy vegetables when they are served in this fun & flavorful dish.
I’m sharing this recipe as part of the American Cancer Society’s A Healthier Holiday Table campaign. They are sharing many healthy recipes on their Facebook page under the “A Healthier Holiday Table” tab. You can also find healthy living tips on their site at cancer.org.
This Greek Pizza recipe uses a whole grain pizza crust (which you can find already prepared at your local grocery store). Health professionals recommend choosing whole grains instead of refined grain products. Be sure to always keep your refined carbohydrates, sugar, and fat intake to a minimum.
This vegetarian recipe is a great way to load up on healthy vegetables. The American Cancer Society recommends to limit how much processed meat and red meat you eat. Some studies have linked eating large amounts of processed meat to increased risk of colorectal and stomach cancers.
Greek Pizza Recipe:
- - prepared whole grain pizza crust
- - 2 small tomatoes
- - ½ cucumber
- - ½ green pepper
- - ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- - ¼ cup tzatziki sauce
- Slightly warm the pizza crust in the oven for a few minutes (be careful not to leave it in too long or it will dry out).
- Spread the tzatziki sauce over the pizza crust.
- Top with cucumbers (cut into bite sized pieces), tomatoes (cut into bite sized pieces) and green peppers (diced).
- Top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Serve with a side of tzatziki sauce for dipping.
What is your best tip for eating plenty of vegetables & fruit?
For more delicious recipes, check out our special Recipes page.