These Peppermint Pattie Cookies are the perfect combination of chocolate and mint making them a great choice for an after dinner treat. Chocolate and mint seems to be a popular combination during the holiday season so these would be a great addition to a holiday party dessert table or those baking tins you always intend to make for friends and family but then run out of time or motivation to make. Or you’re like me and you eat them all before you get around to delivering them. Oops. I will do better this year!
Peppermint Pattie Cookies:
Any type of chocolate mint works well in this recipe. I used the mini York peppermint patties cut into small pieces but you could also use mint chocolate chips, Andes mints or whatever else you can find at your local grocery store. Around the Christmas season, there’s no shortage of chocolate mints to choose from.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped York peppermint patties
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line cookie sheet with silicone baking mat or spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Stir well to combine then set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract and peppermint extract to the butter mixture and beat well to mix.
- Add the dry flour mixture to the wet butter mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and chopped peppermint patties.
- Roll cookies into 2-tablespoon sizes then press the remaining ½ cup of chocolate chips into the top of each cookie.
- Place cookies, 2 inches apart, on baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before moving to wire rack to cool completely.
Have a cookie monster at home? Check out some of my other favorite cookie recipes…
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies – a delicious combination!
Brownie Cookies – cookies that taste like brownies? Don’t mind if I do!