This Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Splits article is courtesy of our contributor Dawn of Revel and Glitter…This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission on any purchase made from products purchased after clicking the links. As always, I don’t link to anything I wouldn’t personally recommend.
Love the taste of banana mixed with the creamy cold texture of ice cream and the rich flavors of peanut butter and jelly? Then our Peanut Buttery & Jelly Banana Splits are for you!
We are big ice cream fans at our house, and except for me, even bigger peanut butter fans. In honor of both, I created a fun twist on banana splits, Peanut Buttery & Jelly Banana Splits! Not only is this perfect summer fun, it makes a great back-to-school party treat for those of you are already counting down to the first day of school.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Splits Ingredients:
The best part about this banana split, it is totally customizable! The measurements are just a suggestion and can be adjusted anyway you like!
- banana split boats (I purchased mine from Shop Sweet Lulu)
- 3 scoops peanut butter ice cream of your choice
- Triple Berry Sauce (find my easy recipe here)
- one medium banana, peeled and split in half lengthwise
- 1 small bag or box of mini peanut butter cookies
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate sauce
- 1 7-ounce tub of marshmallow fluff
- 1 can of whipped cream
Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Splits Directions:
- Add a banana half to each side of a banana split boat.
- Add dollops of marshmallow fluff down the middle of the banana slices and smear along the top of the bananas.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over the banana slices.
- Add three scoops of peanut butter ice cream.
- Crush up about 4 tablespoons of mini peanut butter cookies and sprinkle over the ice cream scoops and along the sides of the boat.
- Top with about 3 tablespoons of triple berry sauce and finish off with sprays of whipped cream.
- Garnish with mini peanut butter cookies.
Yes, your summer needs one of these…as you can see, they get demolished at our house!
Need more ice cream inspiration? Be sure and check out a few of my posts for everything from creating over the top floats to throwing an impromptu ice cream party.
We’d like to send a big THANK YOU to Dawn of Revel & Glitter for sharing this delicious idea with us. Over on Dawn’s blog you’ll find plenty of party ideas for all of life’s celebrations. I hope you’re ready to plan a party because she’s sure to leave you inspired! Be sure to follow her on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for even more creative ideas.