Easter may be over but with Mini Eggs now being sold year-round, you can enjoy this Mini Eggs Fudge any day of the year! It makes a great Easter dessert but is great for a birthday party too. Actually, this fudge works for any party: graduation, baby shower, bridal shower, retirement party, divorce party – ya, that’s a thing now. Ha! My point is – don’t wait until next Easter to try this Mini Eggs Fudge. It freezes well too so you can make some today then save a few pieces in the freezer for surprise visitors. I always have the intention of baking then saving some in the freezer for guests…but then I get hungry. I guess it’s a good thing I don’t have a lot of guests over to my home. Ha!
Mini Eggs Fudge:
This recipe calls for 3 cups of crushed Mini Eggs. Don’t measure out 3 cups of solid Mini Eggs – you’ll want to crush them first then measure out a full 3 cups of crushed Mini Eggs. Three cups crushed is probably around 5 cups of solid Mini Eggs.
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- ¼ cup (half a stick) unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups crushed Mini Eggs
- Line a 9"x9" baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly so it doesn't burn.
- Continue to stir constantly while boiling for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat then immediately pour in marshmallows, chocolate and vanilla. Stir until both chocolate and marshmallows are completely melted.
- Stir in 2 cups of crushed Mini Eggs.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Press remaining 1 cup of crushed Mini Eggs into top of fudge.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into small squares.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Love fudge? Check out some of our other favorite fudge recipes…
Marshmallow Crisp Fudge – a delicious fudge loaded with marshmallows and crispy rice cereal.
Fudge Cookie Bars – topped with Easter candies but these fudge cookie bars are great any day of the year!